1/35 UH-1Y Venom

matt_1185

9 minutes ago, GMK said:

The UH-1Y fuselage has a “plug” that lengthens it when compared to the UH-1N. The plug is located behind the pilots, in front of the doors to the main compartment. You can see the plug in this pic, coloured black. 

F5cNl9i.jpg

Oh ok I see and what you mean and honestly I’m not sure that might not happen….  Probably just do most of what I can with the viper parts :(

I’ll be using my kitty hawk little bird crew for the UH-1Y venom project. Starting with the seated pilot. I added a live resin helmet with facemask.RrRohLP.jpgOaGRy5D.jpg

finally happy with how the paint came out for the multicam. no where good as some of the others out there (Pete) lol  but it will work for me. 
ghCBxTI.jpg

helmet done and added more wash…

Au2oJOb.jpg

18 minutes ago, Neo said:

Man i need to learn how to do that 

Got a live resin set for the little bird but no idea how to paint them

I have full crew for my little bird as well  iv been practicing for a month on painting figures. a lot of trial and error! I learned this technique from VG Modeling on YouTube. 

• 4 weeks later...

Great project, I am working on something simliar but with a slightly different approach. Regarding the fuselage extension - I would not obliterate this if I were you. The lengthened fuselage is one of the main features of the Venom and it's actually pretty simple - much easier than fitting the Viper parts to the UH-1N. Just cut the fuselage behind the cockpit doors, insert a 530mm/35 = 15,1mm plastic stripe and reassemble it.  Think about it - I'm sure you would regret it afterwards if you choose not to lengthen the fuselage. I'll be following your progress with huge interest! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 7:25 AM, Starfighter said:

Great project, I am working on something simliar but with a slightly different approach. Regarding the fuselage extension - I would not obliterate this if I were you. The lengthened fuselage is one of the main features of the Venom and it's actually pretty simple - much easier than fitting the Viper parts to the UH-1N. Just cut the fuselage behind the cockpit doors, insert a 530mm/35 = 15,1mm plastic stripe and reassemble it.  Think about it - I'm sure you would regret it afterwards if you choose not to lengthen the fuselage. I'll be following your progress with huge interest! 

yes sir I’m in the process of trying to figure out how to lengthen the fuselage as we speak….  And I’m still at a dead end on the lower engine parts from the viper to make fit as the venom has a different design on the intake Inlets  :(