Forum Hack

LSP_Kevin

FWIW, I highly recommend that all negative comments here be terminated.  Whoever hacked this site can obviously read them and since chaos and turmoil is what they are seeking, why give them another reason to hack us again?  My company has been hacked twice and after getting advice from experts, this is what they recommend.  Don't give these guys the gratification of recognition.

Cheers,

Chuck

13 minutes ago, chuck540z3 said:

FWIW, I highly recommend that all negative comments here be terminated.  Whoever hacked this site can obviously read them and since chaos and turmoil is what they are seeking, why give them another reason to hack us again?  My company has been hacked twice and after getting advice from experts, this is what they recommend.  Don't give these guys the gratification of recognition.

Cheers,

Chuck

I agree with this.  All of the multiple threads started on this should be deleted, and this thread greatly pruned.  The big red banner on top of the forums and the first posts pretty much tells everyone what they need to know.  I don’t personally think that they will be any more or less likely to hack again if comments aren’t deleted, but keeping everything definitely strokes their ego, which is exactly what they want.

I can't seem to change my password.  Every time I try, it rejects it and pops up a window asking to pick which screen name to use.  One of those is blank(?)  I try picking my actual name, but then I can't proceed.  When I try again, the whole process repeats.

My browser password page does seem to show a blank screen name as well as my proper one, with two different passwords.

Done - BUT - admin needs to be compartmentalised by using different PW for each admin function; also rename admin folder so it can't be searched. Yes, even by admins - require a full url type for access, and limit access to known IP addresses. Frankly, should be a full board s/ware delete/restart not just a reload of content as all sorts of, shall we say, add ons can have been inserted.

I didn't get any email. I did get into the posts that were in my notifications and was able to post in them.

azOGqRE.jpg

It's all so weird !

Oh, and thanks for the fix Kevin.

Edited by MikeMaben

On 9/22/2021 at 8:19 AM, adameliclem said:

Password changed. 

I guess this explains why my repeated searches for “Aichi” were auto-corrected to “Sochi.”

That actually happened, but it was a few months ago.

Thanks for taking out the trash.

Adam

What does a hacker gain from hacking this website?  Nothing! We are small potatoes.

On 9/21/2021 at 1:09 AM, BarryWilliams said:

I tried that but then stopped as I realised the hacker might be wanting people to do that as a way of getting passwords.   I am no techie but I am suspicious about motives and without that there would not be a motive other than some ego trip. 

Agree, I work in technology and often have to be aware of security issues when dealing with access and passwords.

I suggest now that things are back up and as secured as they can be that everyone that did change their password while the site was hacked change their password again now.