I saw DUNE 2021 today…

quang

5 hours ago, Panzerwomble said:

Can we avoid spoilers please ? 

While I generally agree with this sentiment, we've  all read the books, and, if the film stays close to them, we already know what's  going to happen. Kinda like Apollo 13 or Titanic. Maybe not Titanic, nobody knows if Jack could have fit on that door in real life. ;)

17 hours ago, Lee White said:

Kinda like Apollo 13 or Titanic.

Apollo 13 I'll always watch, Titanic I've never seen and never intend to. The incident was dramatic enough in real life without introducing unnecessary storylines

Richard

I saw it on sunday and was blown away. It is an experience. It takes its time, but never has any lengths. The fantastic pictures are not just eye-candy, but are part of the story, tell aspects of the story and build suspense. And lets not forget the actors, who all do a very good job and bring the story to life. I would call it a masterpice.

I read that it will be released in cinemas as well as on a streaming service in the US. If you have the opportunity, watch this in a movie theatre with a big screen. This movie was made for it.

Cheers,

Markus

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you out there  who are wondering why I'm posting about the new Dune film  , well I was blown away by the ornithopters in it  , imagine an AH-64  crossed with a Humming bird,  they are beautifully realised and appear totally practical as well as being totally badass - I really would love to build one of these beasts  and with the Box Office for the film looking promising , who knows I may get the chance  

And if you are the least interested in SciFi please go and see it , it really is that good 

7vjflyzhxhi71.jpg

54 minutes ago, quang said:

Watching the Dune 2021 on a TV screen is like assembling the new Border Lancaster with tube glue and painting it with a 2” synthetic paint brush. :D

Ill see it on the small screen. I haven't had the patience for public movie viewing since Avatar and District 9 (that last movies I watched at a theater). I'll take the lesser "experience" for no frustrations dealing with people, not to mention the increased possibility of getting the plague. I figure if its a good movie, its good regardless of format. Otherwise its just eye candy.