Remote image hosting...broken?

Uilleann

Hey Kev and crew!  It's been a hot minute since I've poked around these parts.  But recently I've been inspired to pick up my old build and see if i can make a reasonable push to get the darn thing done once and for all.  Though, looking at my old thread, it appears none of my photos are linking properly anymore.  Has a protocol changed on the site here that I should know about?  It would be quite an undertaking, but I can reformat everything image by image if needed.  Just not sure what's happened.

I'm using yahoo web hosting if that makes any difference, and linking directly from my image files to the respective posts in my thread.

For example, my initial post has 7 images linked, but they all show as broken now (they used to work).  The direct link to the first image is this for example: http://uilleann.org/117/kit-mainwheels.jpg

So far as I know, Yahoo hasn't done anything to turn off image hosting/sharing like this...but is there anything I should check on here on my end as well?

Confused!

Hope you guys are all excellent!!

Brian~

Welcome back, Brian! I suspect the main issue you're seeing here is due to your image hosting being on an insecure server - which in this instance means one that isn't serving over HTTPS, but rather, plain old HTTP instead. What you're seeing is more of a browser issue than an LSP one; most modern browsers recently switched to not allowing mixed content by default, and by mixed content, I mean assets served via HTTP into a HTTPS page. Since LSP is served over HTTPS, your browser is refusing to load anything into it that is served over HTTP - such as your images. There's really only one way around this: get onto some secure hosting.

Kev