Seafire FR.47 Conversion

The 4+ booklet about the F22/24 is a good source of pictures. The wing fold is indeed one area that stays mysterious regarding the well changes. But there are other changes such as the guns heating system and the LG is also different (the bump in the upper wing is larger). It is really a pity they removed close to all the typical FR47 features when they restored the warbird. Her cockpit looks like an early war Spit one. :angry2:  Moreover, even if they removed the guns and locked the wings, I always wondered how looked her wells. I never found any good picture of the area of that plane. :hmmm:

10 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

The 4+ booklet about the F22/24 is a good source of pictures. The wing fold is indeed one area that stays mysterious regarding the well changes. But there are other changes such as the guns heating system and the LG is also different (the bump in the upper wing is larger). It is really a pity they removed close to all the typical FR47 features when they restored the warbird. Her cockpit looks like an early war Spit one. :angry2:  Moreover, even if they removed the guns and locked the wings, I always wondered how looked her wells. I never found any good picture of the area of that plane. :hmmm:

Hi,  If you had to decide which color(s) to use in the cockpit, would it be green or black?  Or, we can't decide on which one so lets go with both? Green lower half,

Black Upper half! 

I read the gear struts were 4.5 inches longer, and the wheel track was widened by 7.25 inches on the FR.47