Academy 1/32 F4E early

Night Hog

Go for the Tamiya F-4E 'Early Production' kit with AM resin inlets and jetcans. 

The lack of Vietnam era stores in the Academy/Revell is the least of one's problems.

Let's hope that Phantom Phreaks & Sprue Bros can give us a great all-new F-4.

Tony 

6 hours ago, Tony T said:

Go for the Tamiya F-4E 'Early Production' kit with AM resin inlets and jetcans. 

The lack of Vietnam era stores in the Academy/Revell is the least of one's problems.

Let's hope that Phantom Phreaks & Sprue Bros can give us a great all-new F-4.

Tony 

My understanding is those are Revell kits reboxed as well??  

47 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

My understanding is those are Revell kits reboxed as well??  

Apparently they are planning on releasing an all new line, but muddied the waters a bit by putting out a release of a reboxed Revell RF-4C under their brand. Terrible marketing if they are releasing an all new tooled line of kits.

2 minutes ago, Mark B. said:

Well they only promised new too fighter variants (F-4B/C/D/E/F/J/N/S and possibly British F-K/M).  Maybe this was a way t o kick start interest?

Who, Academy?  Or have we jumped the thread to talking about the Phantom Phreaks kits?  If we’re talking the latter, it seems like announcing new kits and then releasing a rebox of the Revell kit kick starts confusion more than interest.

57 minutes ago, eoyguy said:

Apparently they are planning on releasing an all new line, but muddied the waters a bit by putting out a release of a reboxed Revell RF-4C under their brand. Terrible marketing if they are releasing an all new tooled line of kits.

Hey

29 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Who, Academy?  Or have we jumped the thread to talking about the Phantom Phreaks kits?  If we’re talking the latter, it seems like announcing new kits and then releasing a rebox of the Revell kit kick starts confusion more than interest.

Hey see who I was replying too....

BTW They (Sprue Bros, Phantom Phreaks, and or the remnants of TAN) started this whole thing.  I mean they (not sure if it is Dr. They or not)  announced a whole new Phamily of 1/32 scale Phantoms and what shows up on the table at the IPMS USA National show in Vegas... a reboxed Revell RF-4C with a new decal sheet...  And the RF-4C was not even mentioned the original announcement.  Just saying.