Das Werk 1/16 Sturmgeshutz III ( STUG III )

Uncarina

37 minutes ago, Finn said:

Looks like StuG's are becoming popular as another one is coming out, in 1/35:

https://armorama.com/news/border-model-stug-iii-with-interior

going by the part numbers one will have a full interior and the other a partial interior.

Jari

Excellent news. I like the dual mantlet options too. I never seem to grow weary of StuG stuff.

On 9/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, eoyguy said:

I do wish one of the two came with the option of making it a SturmHaubitze 42. I might get both and make one Stuh42, I've already made the barrel for a conversion of the Heng Long RC kit. 

I‘ m sure we all will become served from accessories suppliers sooner or later.  However patience is not my strong point…

Very nice.

I already have an Eduard muzzle brake and Meng nuts and bolts, and amazingly, I had made a waffle pattern stamp out of an old piece of flat resin and cut in the pattern with a razor saw. Good to see that there will be stuff for it, the 1/16 market can be a bit spotty when it comes to aftermarket stuff. I'm hoping that perhaps they will do a saukopf mantlet.

32 minutes ago, eoyguy said:

Very nice.

I already have an Eduard muzzle brake and Meng nuts and bolts, and amazingly, I had made a waffle pattern stamp out of an old piece of flat resin and cut in the pattern with a razor saw. Good to see that there will be stuff for it, the 1/16 market can be a bit spotty when it comes to aftermarket stuff. I'm hoping that perhaps they will do a saukopf mantlet.

The "other" kit already comes with one; I hope this one does as well.

42 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

The "other" kit already comes with one; I hope this one does as well.

Im thinking it won't, from the parts he showed on his build. The Monochrome one  includes the sideskirts and brackets, plus the nose has the welded plates of the mid production instead of the bolted on plates of the Das Werk kit. I don't see the saukopf mantlet shown in the instructions or painting schemes for the different version as shown on the Modeling News site.

Hmm… I wonder if one of the three muzzle brakes would be suitable for my PAK 40/Marder III H project.  The one that came with the gun kit is a bit weak/too generic.

My zimmerit tools are already done and waiting for the kit.  Now I have to pick a Stug to portray.  Skirts are next. 

12 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Hmm… I wonder if one of the three muzzle brakes would be suitable for my PAK 40/Marder III H project.  The one that came with the gun kit is a bit weak/too generic.

My zimmerit tools are already done and waiting for the kit.  Now I have to pick a Stug to portray.  Skirts are next. 

They would. I most often see ( I think) the one with full circular baffles on the Marders, as opposed to the one where they are ground down top and bottom. My bet would be that all were used.

Edited by eoyguy