1/32 Fi 156D1 Hasegawa-Revell

mc65

I've always been fascinated by the aircraft and tempted by the kit, so what a pleasant surprise to find this wonderful build. Bravo! So welcome to the forum, and BTW, your English is much better than my Italian!

thank you all!

the more I advance toward the end of this project, the less I'm convinced about it... I know that's uneasy do create a compelling and interesting base for a in scale aircraft, given its inherent flattness, but every time I try to measure myself with this task, I'm dissatisfied with the results.

so. this is the state of the art:

IMG_6368.HEIC

I find it so... flat! I tried to give some interest by putting low bushes, made with lichens, and using these as obstacles for the wind-blown dry snow.

IMG_6367.HEIC

and, to render the right side less empty, I added a mud pool.

IMG_6404.HEIC

I'm building the deep adding layers day by day, and I'm exerimenting (on another sheet) some solutions to give it a final layer of broken ice, but I'didn't find the right stuff, yet.

IMG_6461.HEIC

greetings from a perplex builder!

cheers, Paolo

Creating a scenery is always a challenge.  Question is what is the subject of your scene - the wonderful work on the plane, or the base?

When choosen your subject - and in this case I think it is your work on the plane - the other parts only serve as support to the overall story and image.  Hence the other parts need to remain simple and subservient to the plane.  In my opinion you have achieved that result.

p.s. only thing to add would be a little snow sticking to the wheels.

Edited by Landrotten Highlander
adding post scriptum

Thanks to all for the appreciation and suggestions, for sure airplane and men will be muddy very well, at the moment these are only resting on the base, on wich I'm still working!

I'm not yet satisfied by the broken ice in the puddle, so I'm experimenting different materials to do that, meanwhile I'm adding water layer by layer.

cheers, Paolo.

Im in complete aggreement with Highlander.  The aircraft and your beautiful effort is the main focus...and it is magnificent.  The ground work is just supporting cast of sorts, and i can attest to you nailing the cold fall/winter feel, as i live in North Dakota.  We know sometimes about being cold up here:huh:

• 2 years later...

Leon, thank you (and to Kevin, of course) to find this thread, I wasn't able to do that!

this remind me that I hadn't solved yet the icy puddle on the ground... time to pay some attention to it and close that work.

as I said, I've quite some reference material about the Fi 156, just ask if you need.

cheers, and thank you again, Paolo