1/650 NCC-1701

Ryan

The large one on my desk is the 1960's TOS (the original series) Enterprise, there is also the 1979 TMP (the motion picture) Enterprise and a Enterprise-A that is essentially the TMP version with minor differences. The TOS retails for $130ish and the TMPs are around $99, both 350th and both huge.

The light kits start around $200 beans....and for the TMP version more.

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The large one on my desk is the 1960's TOS (the original series) Enterprise, there is also the 1979 TMP (the motion picture) Enterprise and a Enterprise-A that is essentially the TMP version with minor differences. The TOS retails for $130ish and the TMPs are around $99, both 350th and both huge.

The light kits start around $200 beans....and for the TMP version more.

Not down here, unfortunately:

https://www.hobbyco.com.au/1-350-star-trek-uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-50th-anniv

Kev

15 minutes ago, Nessus said:

Yeah, but that's Hobbyco for you Kev. They charge insanely, even allowing for GST and shipping. Having a shop in the QVB comes at a price I guess

Indeed. I'd be surprised if I couldn't find it somewhere locally for quite a bit cheaper than that. Still kicking myself for not being able to snaffle the one at Model Expo for $80 a few years ago!

Kev

1 hour ago, Brett M said:

Any guess on what shipping is from the US to Aus, @LSP_Kevin?I’ve seen lots of Enterprises in stock around here (I have an -A in the closet)……

Based on recent experiences, I'd have to say the answer is prohibitive. I recently had a small box of 3D-printed parts shipped across the pond, and shipping was US$29, so I'd hate to imagine what a 1/350 scale Enterprise would cost!

Oh, and apologies for the thread hijack, Ryan!

Kev

Also note: there are actually three 1/350 Enterprise kits out there: the NCC 1701-A, the first issue TOS NCC 1701 which had etched panel lines on the saucer section, and the new anniversary edition TOS NCC 1701 that has no panel lines (like the orig filming model) plus parts to create the pilot version.