Kawanishi N1K1-Ja "George"

Rick Griewski

Does the N1K2 engine fit inside the N1K1 cowling fairly well?  Just curious to know.  Thx,  I'm working on repairing my old 90's build N1K1 that I have moved around several times and would like to add a few bit to it to bring her back around to something decent looking.  Following your build with interest.  

4 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Does the N1K2 engine fit inside the N1K1 cowling fairly well?  Just curious to know.  Thx,  I'm working on repairing my old 90's build N1K1 that I have moved around several times and would like to add a few bit to it to bring her back around to something decent looking.  Following your build with interest.  

Yes

and there is some play front to back. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had the initial Hasegawa release N1K2 in my hands while working the Chattanooga regional contest a few weeks ago.  For some strange reason I put the kit back on a vender table.  $35 for the kit.  I could kick myself for not picking it up.  I have a built up N1K1 I did back in the 90's and it could use a few update which you are doing to your George.  

:mental:

On 2/16/2022 at 9:22 PM, Rick Griewski said:

I have made some good progress. I will post  photos tomorrow.  

I have made much progress but I have ImageShack problems.  Dufuss robot thinks my Basic account for one year is a trial account.  The one year is not over.  I am locked out.  

please move this build to the Works in Progress section 

Thanks