3D printing a figure, how much

LSP_K2

The answer depends on how large the figure would be printed - if it were printed in something around 1/32 scale, the resin cost would be only a dollar or two. But if it were more like 8 inches high, that could be a $15-$30 print depending on whether the figure was printed hollow and how expensive the resin costs that is used in the printer. 

1 minute ago, seiran01 said:

The answer depends on how large the figure would be printed - if it were printed in something around 1/32 scale, the resin cost would be only a dollar or two. But if it were more like 8 inches high, that could be a $15-$30 print depending on whether the figure was printed hollow and how expensive the resin costs that is used in the printer. 

That's not actually too bad at all, and yes, I was thinking 8" or so tall. Thanks, Mike.

We had a chat about the figure I think most figures are solid lumps on that basis 

An 8" figure in standard grey supplied with all support feeds on as it stands (each finger will need cleaning up) would be £60 and a high res with the arms removed to reduce clean up would come in at £200 

The main problem is printer resin cost and supply is getting a bit silly but "that's progress"

Bob

• 1 year later...
On 9/5/2021 at 7:18 AM, Bob MDC said:

Hi Kev

It's down to size and quality higher the resolution the longer it takes.

Will get you a price for a high Res print on our system

Bob

Assuming I remember, I'll be finally ordering this file on the 21st.

With some 3D printing services, the choice of material matter. So you could (maybe) have it printed in metal afaik.

I tried self designed 3D printed parts (via Shapeways) once. I made sure to get enough 1:200 cannon carriages I needed for my brass barrels for my 1:200 wooden frigate (a plastic kit with terrible single piece cannons).

Edited by Treehugger