Changes at KLP!

LSP_Kevin

Change.jpg?w=1200&ssl=1

I started KLP Publishing back in 2017 while I was taking a year off work to look after my wife, who had been diagnosed with breast cancer at the very beginning of that year (it was a very tense Christmas break while we awaited test results, I can tell you). Happily, my wife fully recovered, and I returned to my day job in early 2018. Since that time, KLP has been run as a part-time venture, attended to in my free time, around work and family commitments. Despite this, we’ve still managed to release 11 titles in four years (plus a free download). Now, the time has come for a change.

As of 30 September 2021, I will be finishing up at my day job, and from then on, committing myself to KLP Publishing full time. This is an exciting and also a very daunting step, but with a growing backlog of projects in the pipeline, and many more things I’d like to achieve with the business and with the hobby, it feels like a natural and overdue evolution.

Of course, I’ll still need your support! And I’d like to thank every member of the KLP customer base for your terrific support to this point—I couldn’t have made it this far without you! But with the stakes about to become exponentially higher, and the risks very much more real—not just for me, but also my family—I would love for that support to continue, and to grow. So if you’ve been contemplating purchasing any of our eBook titles, and haven’t so far, please mosey on over to our web store and check out our catalogue:

https://www.klp.com.au/shop/

And if you have any suggestions for titles you’d like to see, or just general feedback that you’d like to provide, please leave a comment here, or contact me directly!

See you all on the other side.

Kev

46 minutes ago, mozart said:

Daunting indeed Kev but more power to your elbow and the very best of luck with this exciting project. I will shortly be ready to do the ICM Tiger Moth kit build so we’ll need to talk.

Cheers, Max. Looking forward to your Tiger Moth!

Kev

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

Just came upon this at your KLP website.  Congratulations Kevin!  As scary as this new venture might seem, all success stories started with some risk- and dedication to the job at hand.  I'm sure you'll do great!

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck. I have the challenge of having to find a new house and move before I can really settle into things, but once I do, it'll be full steam ahead!

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

So my final day at the day job came and went last Thursday. In lockdown conditions, there really wasn't even anyone to say goodbye to. I did, however, receive this awesome farewell gift from my team mates:

V3A4Ll.jpg

I'd love to say that it will be full steam ahead with KLP Publishing from here on out, but I have the small complication of having to find a new house to contend with. Lockdown has made the search for a new place almost impossible, and having sold our existing place the day before it came into effect means we're running out of time. Luckily, we have the option to rent the current place after settlement, which while not ideal, at least means we won't be homeless.

So, as I venture into the great unknown, I'd like to once again sincerely thank you all for the support you've shown me so far, and hope that you can continue to do so into the future!

Kev

1 hour ago, jeroen_R90S said:

All the best in your enterprise, Kevin!

I ordered the Bird Dog book a few days ago, very well done and really helpful when I get to my build. Great work by Eric and Kevin!

Jeroen

Thanks for the kind words, Jeroen! Glad you liked the Birddog book. May I quote you on the website?

Kev

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...