KASL F-16 goodies just released

Kagemusha

Sorry, I must have typed in the url wrong, even though I checked it twice. I would have deleted my comment here, but there is no option for doing so.

I learned something new today, F-16's coming with two different shaped air intakes (Are there even more? What about F-16A's?):

NSI = Normal Shock Inlet, aka "small mouth", rounded

MCID = Modular Common Inlet Duct, aka "big mouth", wide

Edited by Treehugger

6 hours ago, Treehugger said:

Sorry, I must have typed in the url wrong, even though I checked it twice. I would have deleted my comment here, but there is no option for doing so.

I learned something new today, F-16's coming with two different shaped air intakes (Are there even more? What about F-16A's?):

NSI = Normal Shock Inlet, aka "small mouth", rounded

MCID = Modular Common Inlet Duct, aka "big mouth", wide

There are just the two intakes.  All of the F-16s (except for a test bird) with the P&W engines have the NSI.  F-16 A/Bs only used the P&W engine, so all had the NSI.  The MCID was used on the GE engined F-16s, except for early Block 30s, which retained the NSI.  Later Block 30s, as well as all Block 40/50/60 use MCID.

Ordered one direct from KASL via their ebay page as they aren’t the easiest range of goods to get a hold of here, I usually order through BNA in Australia. Emailed KASL on the address listed on their website and they directed me to their ebay page. Have always been impressed with their stuff in the past so cant see a reason why this intake wont live up to previous experiences. Ordered an Exhaust set too, so a Block 52 it is for me. Interesting to read hove that they are doing the lightweight gear though didn’t see it listed anywhere. May finally get to do an Agressor or 3.

4 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Interesting to read hove that they are doing the lightweight gear though didn’t see it listed anywhere

Here's the listing from Hobby Search. 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10811136

The release date says Oct. 

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Very Nice - I have used their 1/32 F-16 F100-PW-200 Exhausts a couple of times. Its one of the best pieces of resin I have ever had in my hands..incredible detail.

Just wish they would do a regular early F-16A Tail without the parahousing (although the version of that they sell is very very nice too). That would make my job of building Royal Danish Air Force F-16´s a lot easier ;)

1 hour ago, Zola25 said:

Very Nice - I have used their 1/32 F-16 F100-PW-200 Exhausts a couple of times. Its one of the best pieces of resin I have ever had in my hands..incredible detail.

Just wish they would do a regular early F-16A Tail without the parahousing (although the version of that they sell is very very nice too). That would make my job of building Royal Danish Air Force F-16´s a lot easier ;)

I’ll be ordering the intake. Careful with the tail, it has a slight backward tilt. A friend of mine pointed this out to me long after I finished my NSAWC F-16A, it becomes apparent when the model is next to other F-16’s. Unfortunately I cannot unsee it, I will be using a Hasegawa tail when I build an F-16B some day.

Cheers,

Marcel

1 hour ago, Marcel111 said:

I’ll be ordering the intake. Careful with the tail, it has a slight backward tilt. A friend of mine pointed this out to me long after I finished my NSAWC F-16A, it becomes apparent when the model is next to other F-16’s. Unfortunately I cannot unsee it, I will be using a Hasegawa tail when I build an F-16B some day.

Cheers,

Marcel

Never noticed that to be honest..

I am using the conversions sets from PWMP. They only include the base of the tail so its a bit of cutting and puttying but it is quite doable (if you can track them down anywhere that is..). They have a set for the ADF variant as well which includes the searchlight panel on the left side of the nose. All Danish F-16A´s (now AM) are fitted with a searchlight on the port side of the nose.