LS8-a/18 Sail Plane

denders

Well, I picked each GB subject at the beginning of the year. I thought this would be fun. I've already built the two seater that they released first. I think this was the second one that they released and there's a two seater with a power pod out there too. (Saw it at a hobby shop a couple of weeks ago, should have bought it.)

wL2yy8.jpg

IaNdqA.jpg

And quite a selection of markings (12) and color. :lol:

3pt3rP.jpg

I haven't decided which set of markings yet. I think I should be able to get this one done in time. :lol:

Dave

Thanks guys. I had built the ASK21 back when it was first released. It was a fun build. The wing spars were such a good fit that I didn't glue the wings onto the model, just put them in place. I could take the wings off if I needed to pack it up. That was really helpful in 2019 when we moved.

• 3 weeks later...

Some progress.

9LwyeJ.jpg

Long skinny wings. One of my reference photos looks like the wing tips can be interchanged. I can see what looks like a panel line at the separation point. So, you can change it from a 15m wingspan to 18m wingspan. I've chosen to build the 18m wingspan. The joint needs some work because it looks a bit too wide.

hUf4Y5.jpghQWciB.jpg

I'll have to create a mask for the canopy because it will be installed before painting almost everything white.

Another update. 

64sppz.jpg

I need to make some slight adjustments to the wing holes in the fuselage. There's a little bit of putty to go in the sprue attachment points in the fuselage and to check the glue joints. T-tail needs to go on. Then prime, paint white, paint the red nose, and decals. The aircraft I chose will have a red nose, blue aircraft numbering, and fluorescent orange on the rudder and wing tips. Thought I'd get as many colors in there as possible. :lol: