Ju-88 C AIMS conversion

dutik

1st! :punk:

Well, I am in. I am tackling Revells Ju-88, adding one of Pastor Johns wonderful conversion sets to turn it into a Zerstoerer variant. Might become a C-6, but I have to dive into the stash first and to locate all the sets I've collectetd together: AIMS set, brass landing gear, resin wheels, some Eduard stuff and so on.

Regards

- dutik

Lets see what we have:

c6-0qxk8l.jpg

The well-known Ju-88 A-4 kit. OOP for years now and hard to get. What a pity! Happily I have two in the stash, both with an AIMS conversion sets: C-6 heavy fighter/  "Zerstörer" and 388 J night fighter. This here will become a C-6 heavy fighter. The 388 is a much more extensive build so on the backburner only.

Upgrade sets:

c6-1iiknu.jpg

The AIMS set (instructions shown only). My one will become the second from top because of the solid nose and the Ostfront theater markings.

GFactor brass u/c. There is no need to introduce that stuff, right?

Eduard interior PE, also a classic.

Montex masks for the canopy.

Not shown: Real Colors RLM 66, 70, 71. I like this paint. This enables airbrush for dummies  :whistle:

Maybe there is some more stuff in the stash. We shall see. Some more stash diving required. Earmarked for a buy is a set of camo masks for fuselage and wings.

Thats it for now. Oh, this will become an on and off build. As usual :wicked:

Regards

- dutik