Another Hasegawa FW190. I FIXED IT!

Woody V

Now for something really different - for me anyway. I'm going to build a factory fresh A-8. No weathering, no chipping, no nada.

Aftermarket goodies include Red Fox instrument panels, a choice between HGW and Quinta Studios harness and hoping the nod goes to QS, Synthetic Ordinance Works struts, some nifty brass cannons, Eagle Parts resin wheels and tires, Quick Boost exhausts and machine guns and our rivet skins. And yes, I know the birdie has flush rivets but we'll get into that later in the build.

This is by far my favorite Luftwaffe fighter, but I'm no expert (the understatement of the year) so I'll be grateful if anyone can point out any serious issues with the kit compared to the actual aircraft. At this point the only thing I'm curious to know is if they shipped from the factory with or without the drop tanks.

171919560.jpg

Edited by Woody V
Spellinck isuez

6 hours ago, John Stambaugh said:

The only thing that I see that hasagawa got wrong are the flaps. If installed as supplied they hang at close to 90 degrees when actual flap angle is 60 degrees. 

I caught that in your RFI post, good to know. Right now my plan is flaps up and canopy closed with the intention of showing off the clean beauty of the design.

7 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

After following the Dauntless, I certainly won't complain about anything you build. Looking forward to it Woody.

Matt 

After the Dauntless I'm ready for to build something that isn't so complicated. 

7 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Looking forward to it! I thought the Has Butcher Bird was a great kit IMHO, and in this case its got all the goodies too. Model on! 

This is my first Hasegawa kit and I'm loving the simplicity and especially those THIN trailing edges. I also built the Revel F8 and although it's a great kit if you want to show off the engine it annoyed me. 

22 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

At this point the only thing I'm curious to know is if they shipped from the factory with or without the drop tanks.

They were shipped with an ETC501 rack. The tanks were field supplied.

Have fun Woody , this might be helpful http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004/11/stuff_eng_fw190_01.htm