F-4J(UK) - Tamiya (1/32)

tomprobert

Greetings all, 

This has been a long-time 'as and when' project that I completed this weekend - Tamiya's 1/32nd F-4J finished as an F-4J(UK) of the famous 74 'Tiger Squadron' in the mid-1980's.

It was built more or less out of the box, but with Mastercasters' FOD covers and YellowHammer decals. Paints were all Xtracolor enamels. 

It's the first time I have added crew figures to a model as my daughter requested that the pilots should be in it. I might add crews in the future as it adds a bit of life to the cockpit!

All the best,

Tom

Pic 14

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

Pic 10

Pic 11

Pic 12

Pic 13

12 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Tom, thats an absolute thing of beauty!  You just cant beat a Brit Toom.  Everything about this is just beautiful.  Colours look really nice to my eye/screen too.  Was it Xtracolour you said you used previously?

Very inspiring, thank you!

Cheers Anthony

Many thanks, Anthony - I must confess watching your build inspired me to get this finished. 

Yes - paints are all Xtracolor enamels - really good stuff and they spray beautifully. The only disadvantage is the longer drying time (the airing cupboard soon sorts that!) but you end up with a lovely glossy, ready for decals finish. I love them!

16 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Great job! Can I put it on the website?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I’d be honoured!

1 hour ago, Polish AFB said:

Phantastic job Sir! I would add some weathering only.

There is quite a bit of tonal variation in the paint which I achieved using one of the Artool Texture Stencils - sadly it didn’t show up in the pictures but i can assure you it’s there!

I always err of the subtle side to weathering my models - I see so many where over zealous weathering ruins what is a lovely build and has no resemblance whatsoever to the real thing. But that’s just my opinion of course :)