F-14A Tomcat

navyjet

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 5:25 PM, Starfighter said:

Very cool and super impressive, but why the strange scale? 1/18 and 1/16 are both common scales, why not going for one of those? 

It's the scale that works best for me. The 1:17 it's just as "strange" as the 1:18 or 1:16.

9 hours ago, navyjet said:

It's the scale that works best for me. The 1:17 it's just as "strange" as the 1:18 or 1:16.

Your choice of course, but I disagree - there are many models in both 1/16 and 1/18 on the market, so they are "common" scales. But then, if 1/17 works best for you for some reason, that's enough of an explication for me! :)

20 hours ago, brahman104 said:

Cool! Can you please shared some more details about how you work the aluminium and what you stick it together with?

Craig

Working with aluminium is similar to working with paper and in some cases is a lot easier. I use glue to kip it together and where the wait  or the stress is too much for the glue I use screws from broken mobile phones or the threaded rods that you can see in the photos. Here are some photos from the A-4 building process to get a better idea.3252_kyjN1I_lsp1.jpg3253_OPpQxu_lsp2.jpg3254_yTz5oU_lsp3.jpg3255_526tWD_lsp4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 6:18 AM, brahman104 said:

Thank you for illustrating your process with photos. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers,

Craig

It's going to be a wile before I work on it because this section with the wing box is giving me nightmares and working on the A-4 intakes made me realize that I need to do a very accurate   mock up from construction paper of the area.

7 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

ooh MY Favourite  jet.

Your TOMCAT scratchbuild  with aluminium 

is exciting project which I look forward to.

:yahoo:

Looks IMPRESSIVE  already. 

Love the seats.

:wow:

:punk:

Keep up the EXCELLENT  work.

:goodjob:

Thank you. It's going to be a very long build.

On 9/30/2021 at 11:26 PM, IvanVasili said:

WOW! 1/17 Tomcat!! :popcorn::popcorn:

You definitely must have a big hangar for it :lol:

To be honest I have no idea where I'm going to put them when I'm going to finish them.