A-4F Skyhawk

navyjet

13 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

OMG...

a project I look forward to.

:wow:

I love Skyhawk  :wub:

{so how big with this turn out to be in 1:14 scale please. Thank you}.

It's one of my favorite planes. I don't remember exactly but it will be around 1 meter long.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 5:40 AM, MARU5137 said:

OMG...

a project I look forward to.

:wow:

I love Skyhawk  :wub:

{so how big with this turn out to be in 1:14 scale please. Thank you}.

The length of the Skyhawk is a little bit over 40 feet.  So you divide that by 14 and you come up with 34.285 inches long.  (BIG)  Simple math.  Sorry, I don't do metrics, my least favorite option.  My brain doesn't like to function in that mode.

Be following this one.:popcorn:

18 hours ago, Patrick HMD said:

The length of the Skyhawk is a little bit over 40 feet.  So you divide that by 14 and you come up with 34.285 inches long.  (BIG)  Simple math.  Sorry, I don't do metrics, my least favorite option.  My brain doesn't like to function in that mode.

Be following this one.:popcorn:

I know how you feel I don't do feet and inches and after I popped a neuron trying to figure out if your numbers are right I got out the plans and the measuring tape and got on an online converter. So from the tip of the radome  to the tip of the exhaust nozzle the model is 89cm(35,03937in):D   

When I print out plans I don't care about what scale it is going to be. I want the bulkheads to be just the right size. Too big and they won't be stiff enough, too small and I can't put in the details. Along the line I've found out that for jets(for me) the optimum is from 100cm(39,37in) to 150cm(59,05in) total length; the Tomcat is 110cm(43,30in) from the tip of the radome to the tip of the fuel dump nozzle, from the tip of the alpha probe to the tip of the vertical fin is probably 120cm(47,24in).

Edited by navyjet
grammar

1 hour ago, navyjet said:

I know how you feel I don't do feet and inches and after I popped a neuron trying to figure out if your numbers are right I got out the plans and the measuring tape and got on an online converter. So from the tip of the radome  to the tip of the exhaust nozzle the model is 89cm(35,03937in):D   

When I print out plans I don't care about what scale it is going to be. I want the bulkheads to be just the right size. Too big and they won't be stiff enough, too small and I can't put in the details. Along the line I've found out that for jets(for me) the optimum is from 100cm(39,37in) to 150cm(59,05in) total length; the Tomcat is 110cm(43,30in) from the tip of the radome to the tip of the fuel dump nozzle, from the tip of the alpha probe to the tip of the vertical fin is probably 120cm(47,24in).

I was using wikipedia as reference.  They say 40 ft. 1 1/2 in. long.  Now just how accurate that is, I don't know.  I've heard they are error prone at times. 

Thank your for your service.

21 hours ago, Patrick HMD said:

I was using wikipedia as reference.  They say 40 ft. 1 1/2 in. long.  Now just how accurate that is, I don't know.  I've heard they are error prone at times. 

Thank your for your service.

They are as accurate as I am:lol:.   I've said that the scale is 1:14, but if I'm doing the math to the millimeter it won't be exactly that.Things like that are not important.    

• 2 weeks later...