Fiat CR-42 Falco, by ICM - Completed

Dpgsbody55

On 11/16/2021 at 2:25 AM, spartacus2000 said:

Great work I love it.

Bravo

Thank you.  Despite my lack of experience with biplanes, this one was a pleasure to build.  I may get another.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:21 AM, Uncarina said:

Well done Michael! Your build is a big reference for mine when I get to it!

Cheers,  Tom

Glad to hear it.  I hope you can use what I've written to better effect than my rendition.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:06 PM, mc65 said:

Great build, and great intervention in the paint issue you had!

:thumbsup:

Thank you.  Yes, that paint issue had my heart in my mouth for a while, especially as it was wearing it's decals.

1 hour ago, Rocat said:

It's nice to see a very well done Italian fighter model! Bravo :goodjob:

Agreed.  There's not enough injection molded LSP Italian planes on the market of that era.  Maybe ICM's release will encourage others.

Cheers,

Michael

• 8 months later...

My Fiat is at last under cover, and I've made an attempt at a diorama using bits I had about the place, plus some grass bought today.  It's now housed in a display case by Master Tools, which I think has something to do with Trumpeter.  The case measures 316mm x 276mm x 136mm, so smaller WW2 LSP's will fit.

8ayBIH.jpg

NZL74u.jpg

CHTPLw.jpg

As I am able, I'll make some more improvements to this such as possibly a pilot or mechanic figure.  It would be nice to add something like a Kubelwagen, but the display case is a bit small for that.  Unless I can find a bigger case!! :)

Cheers,

Michael

Just one thing to remember if anyone is considering using this particular display case.  Don't put it anywhere that catches direct sunlight coming in through your windows.  This happens.

PeTeuM.jpg

Some types of clear plastic don't tolerate exposure to direct sunlight.  Unfortunately, this gets the early morning sun straight through my computer room window. :(  It's just that one spot.  The display boxes above and below are all OK.

Cheers,

Michael