New 1:32 F-4 Phantom Family Coming in 2022

spruebrothers

16 minutes ago, John1 said:

Was reading the thread over on HS.   I didn't know they already had the first kit (RF-4C) in production.

3003585_e90b1e0a9aab3dcdb00e9184bdebb0aa

The poster over on HS said the sprues looked suspiciously like the old Revel kit.  Thoughts?

Thats definitely the Revell plastic in those bags.  However, it might be simply a separate item, like a rebox of the Revell kit with Phantom Phreaks decals for release how, and unrelated to the new tool ones to be released next year.

24 minutes ago, John1 said:

Was reading the thread over on HS.   I didn't know they already had the first kit (RF-4C) in production.

The poster over on HS said the sprues looked suspiciously like the old Revel kit.  Thoughts?

That looks like the Revell kit to me.

14 minutes ago, John1 said:

It is?  Not be argumentative but the first bits of resin I mentioned are necessary to replace heavily flawed kit parts.   They aren't stuff that is just to fluff up the Tamiya kit.   We don't have to get into a pissing contest over "rivet counting vrs looks like a F-4 to me", just my take on it.   Also, you mentioned that you could build 3-4 Tamiya kits for the cost of this new one.   Not sure about that but regardless, I'm a one and done modeler.   I'm not going to build more than 1 large scale F-4.  If the new kit is to modern Tamiya quality, I have no problem dropping three bills on it.   Go big or go home..  

Not at all about being argumentative, views and preferences differ. And luckily so... Otherwise it would be a boring world :)

Still, I'm for the idea that spending loads of money does not warrant a great finished model and putting some extra effort as a modeler just adds to the pleasure of building a kit.

47 minutes ago, John1 said:

27 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Thats definitely the Revell plastic in those bags.  However, it might be simply a separate item, like a rebox of the Revell kit with Phantom Phreaks decals for release how, and unrelated to the new tool ones to be released next year.

15 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

That’s a Revell kit 100% for sure.  If that’s their idea of a $300 kit they’ve got a rude awakening coming.

I'm hoping that it's a completely differ entity from their proposed new Phantom. 

I can't recall, did the SB.com announcement say it was an all new tool kit?

On 8/20/2021 at 11:10 PM, TankBuster said:

The hyperscale thread said it would be $300 thats from the man at the table, he also said all other phantom models have never got it right but they will. Cheers.

Gonna be a bit of a let down if it's mostly the Revell kit with a few new bits and pieces thrown in.  

Edited by John1

Regardless of how it plays out, kicking off a supposedly/possibly all new line of Phantoms by releasing a re-pop of an existing Revell kit is a prime example of poor marketing and confusing your message. It just leads to confusion, speculation and lots of YGTBSM!

I think they said that their first release will probably be an F-4B.  That is, I believe, clearly stated in the original post by one of, if not the major stakeholder in the project and was reiterated by one of the guys at the Phantom Phreaks table.  There’s been no confirmed price that is available at their table so if someone claims that one of the guys at the show said it’ll cost $300, I’ll wait and see.  They wouldn’t even tell people who were asking, about who was cutting the molds for them.  That I personally heard so the pricing is probably just wishful guessing at best.

Instead of jumping to conclusions that are most likely incorrect, why don’t we just remain positive and allow them to release information when they determine is the best timing.   They did have two RF-4C’s at the table with boxes but they were also selling their decals at the same table.

The rumor mill doesn’t do anyone any good.

Edited by Juggernut

I do not think it is the Revell kit. The video on the first post of the thread shows something different. Fuselage breakdown and wings are not the same with the Revell one. Cockpit area seems to be molded together with the main fuselage whereas Revell has the cockpit & nose attached to the fuselage as a separate part.

Besides the video says "new mold", that's why I think it is possibly a different enterprise.

Why do I say "possibly" ? Because such a detailed and newly tooled kit would be advertised with all the blows and horns by any company way before its release. Maybe that is not proof enough that it won't come, but such an investment would require quite a deal of ground shaking.

I want the Phantom Phreaks Revell repop. Splice the recce parts onto a Tamiya C/D et voilà

$300 for the new tool Sprue Brothers kit? About right from what I saw in the video. I'd pay that for either the Hong Kong Models F-4K or Tanmodel Su-33, if they happen in my lifetime. 

How much exactly did you pay for your Jetmads polyurethane resin Viggen?  

Tony