New 1:32 F-4 Phantom Family Coming in 2022

spruebrothers

9 minutes ago, panzerrob said:

Oh no, what will happen now with the F4's promised by Tan Models? :hmmm:

With regards,

Rob from Holland

They were the LIDAR scanned ones, which I was holding out hope would be the most accurate shapewise yet seen in 1/32 scale.

Excited to see a new 1/32 Phantom kit like this come on the market, long over due.  Once we have it in our hands, there may be a lot of 1/32 Tamiya Phantom kits, resin and PE detail sets being offered up for sale at deep discount prices, then again maybe not.  Time will tell.

KJ

This is very exciting news! I hope it’s a step forward in quality compared to the Tamiya kits... which isn’t a foregone conclusion, the Revell Super and imo also the Italeri Tornado are a step back to what was already out there.

Anyhow, I’d love a B, S and G.

6 hours ago, Barry said:

So Phantom Phreaks decals is Babibi Models and is a Turkish Co. and Tanmodels is/was a Turkish Co. so........ perhaps!

Barry

That's a pretty logical connection to make, and would perhaps explain the sudden and apparently advanced state of this project. I think most of us have already given up on anything more coming from Tanmodel, and it makes sense that they would be willing to sell the project forward.

Kev

15 hours ago, DonH said:

12????

We only need three: FG.1, FGR.2 and F-4J (UK).

I would buy 12 of each.

Great news, I am sure their new tooms will be well received and bought in wheelbarrow loads.

That'll be the three they don't do....  Well, maybe the F-4J(UK)........

5 minutes ago, wunwinglow said:

From the retailers point of view, 12 kits that size will be a nightmare to stock.......

Time frame not revealed, could be 12 models over 6 to 12 years.  Sprue Brothers is tied to this, so these will come out at a pace that the market will absorb.  

We see new kit announcements all the time, for once we see something from a retailer that makes me really confident in the project, my bet is this will be on time on schedule and is a done deal.  Does not mean we will see something in January, might be December 2022.  But I am betting we have solid photos by this time next year and kits in our hands by around December.

46 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

That's a pretty logical connection to make, and would perhaps explain the sudden and apparently advanced state of this project. I think most of us have already given up on anything more coming from Tanmodel, and it makes sense that they would be willing to sell the project forward.

Kev

Lets hope!! :)

Though I've all but stepped away from aircraft (not withstanding the A-7D, F-8E, F-4B and F-100F I have in-work) some nicely done 1/32 Phantoms work lure me back to the table! :thumbsup:

Barry

This is great news but let's hope this isn't just another CAD " I have a dream!" model project like 'Tanmodel' did with that fabulous looking 1/32 SU-33 they promised a few years ago now and since then, not a murmur much less a kit.

PLEASE let this be true AND let's hope they have sorted the intake issues out unlike Tamiya's 1/32 kits.

Gary