1:32 F-16XL

Dandiego

Whats next.....

There is a short term answer, finish my Advanced Scorpion project.  It stalled out at the 97% completion stage.

And a long term answer. Design and print an A3J Vigilante. I have some preliminary design elements already in progress. I am most interested in the bomber version and not the photo bird.

Wish me luck, Dan

8 hours ago, Dandiego said:

Whats next.....

There is a short term answer, finish my Advanced Scorpion project.  It stalled out at the 97% completion stage.

And a long term answer. Design and print an A3J Vigilante. I have some preliminary design elements already in progress. I am most interested in the bomber version and not the photo bird.

Wish me luck, Dan

Well, an A3J is just an RA-5C without the hump and canoe and with smaller flaps.  If you can make it work, you’ll be limited to only three squadron colors:  Heavy 1, 3 and 7 unless you go with the clown colors on the operational and weapons test birds.  Heavy 1’s tail color was black, Heavy 3 was the RAG so their tail color was international red/orange and Heavy 7’s color was bright blue.  There were ten RA-5 squadrons so their paint was a little more sporty.  Either way, can’t wait to see what you cook up!

21 minutes ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

Great work, Dan.

Just a question (forgive my ignorance): Did they fly an XL in that camo scheme? I don't remember that I have ever seen a pic of that scheme (not that I saw many pics of the XL).

Cheeers

Rainer

No Rainer this camo scheme came out of my head. And you are right there aren't many pictures of the XL's. I also used some liberties with the weapons load. Not accurate by any means, but........its cool.

I wanted to depict a production bird assigned to an operational squadron. My thought was to come up with something that "could of" happened. I used the F-15 camo as an inspiration and just changed the colors.

Dan