1:32 F-16XL

Dandiego

12 hours ago, Dandiego said:

Odds and ends......

I chose not to gouge out the troughs but instead glue on some "half" missiles. And here they are. I found one actual Amraam in the spares box and used it to produce 3 half missiles.

That is a very economical solution, Dan! I like that very much. Simple and effective.

Cheers

Rainer

10 hours ago, JMcD said:

Creative work!! It's a pity that the XL never made it. Good to see an example of what could have been.

Agreed JMcD! LM could very well 'revisit' this particular design, as it may now prove to be a very cost-effective solution to future capability requirements, especially when combined with today's advanced Viper features.

Great work Dan - your model once again shows us what a beast of an aircraft this could have been!

Derek

12 hours ago, Derek B said:

Agreed JMcD! LM could very well 'revisit' this particular design, as it may now prove to be a very cost-effective solution to future capability requirements, especially when combined with today's advanced Viper features.

Great work Dan - your model once again shows us what a beast of an aircraft this could have been!

Derek

Very True-

Harry Hillaker, the designer of the F-16, said that if he had known the ultimate role the F-16 would fill, he’d have designed it as the XL from the get-go.

Glad he didn’t though. I really liked being able to whip anyone in a visual fight. B) Best damn dogfighter in the world.

awesome job on this one my friend! Very cool-

cheers

Pete

Odds and ends, part 3.

All of the weapons and the fuel tanks are in place. Look at all of the ordinance, quite the weightlifter. 

xHZXOP6.jpg

And the Amraams. A small corner of the flap was cut out to allow clearance for the rear fin on the Amraam.

y9JsfHY.jpg

7G9gOmr.jpg

A little color for the pilot. Small squares of black decal was used to add the checkerboard. looks like a square or 2 may need fixing.

9N6Q1E2.jpg

Thanks, Dan

Edited by Dandiego

• Dandiego changed the title to 1:32 F-16XL