Jump to content

Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff


LSP_Kevin

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, npb748r said:

any rumours on price point for their kits ??  Nowadays that's probably as import purchase decision as the subject of the kit and I have a nasty feeling it will become the biggest consideration if things carry on as they are.  As for they next kit, I'm hoping it's unusual and not previously released. 

Good question. Having no engine might bring the price down but everything has gone up. If they released something Tamiya, ZM etc has/ is doing it would have to be much less expensive, surely?

Edited by Pup7309
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Good question. Having no engine might bring the price down but everything has gone up. If they released something Tamiya, ZM etc has/ is doing it would have to be much less expensive, surely?

My guess is 75-100 for the spitfire.  New Eduard 1/48 kits are running around $50.00.  I don:t think Kotare will attempt Revell pricing.  So yes 75-100.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

Am I missing something, why can:t a K be done from any of the new late D models on the Market?  Canopy, propeller and then what?  

I’m just telling it like it is. Poll after poll has a K model at the top of everyone’s list.   Followed by a new 109G-6 (the ZM kit is nice but modeling technology has come a long way since that kit was designed) and lastly, a new Spitfire IX.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Maxim61 said:

How about an accurate and modern tooled F-86F Sabre. Why such an iconic aircraft has not been tooled to modern day standards has me stumped.

 

Agree 100% as it is a true enigma how this subject is overlooked given the masses of attractive schemes worn and the large number of operators too and likewise, a AAA company IM 1/32 MIG-15 kit as well.

 

Gary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, John1 said:

The market demands it.   We've never had a satisfactory K model.   Thousands of modelers have been waiting for this upcoming release, it appears that the wait is nearly over.  

 

1 hour ago, John1 said:

I’m just telling it like it is. Poll after poll has a K model at the top of everyone’s list.   Followed by a new 109G-6 (the ZM kit is nice but modeling technology has come a long way since that kit was designed) and lastly, a new Spitfire IX.  

 

I was puzzled too - the P-51D/K boxing from Tamiya (seriously overpriced for basically just  a few more bitz though!) can make a K. Aeroproducts prop, another canopy from Dallas iirc. Can´t remember if the spinner is different though.

You can also make an F6D out of it.. People don´t know these things? And I´m sure there is decent AM stuff for the props as well..  There are decals around too..

 

Spit IX too? People don´t want the 32nd scale Tamiya or what?? I love those.. Can´t really complain about the price (except the difference between the first P-51D and the D/K box for very little).. You get good value for money and many, many hours of hobbying out of those..

 

What polls are these??

 

1 hour ago, Maxim61 said:

How about an accurate and modern tooled F-86F Sabre. Why such an iconic aircraft has not been tooled to modern day standards has me stumped.

 

Yeah, that family would be nice to see in a proper series.. I thought those would be very popular too..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kotare would knock the Walrus out of the park.

 

HMS_Bermuda_aircraft.jpg

 

Another Supermarine classic, historically significant and dear to New Zealand, tons of cool configurations and schemes, and an aircraft type Kotare team members did brilliantly in the WNW days. In 1/32nd scale, it’d also be a rare flying boat model that wouldn’t require its own hangar, especially with folded wings. 
 

It’s a wish, yes, but I bet they’ve thought of it.

 

Adam

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pup7309 said:

Hey why don’t they do a new Corsair as well? But seriously why? The Tamiya Mustang and Spit xi have some toyish extras, but apart from that as good as it gets, right?

 

I think so. But I guess Kotare doesn´t make money out of Tamiya kits.. ;)

That said, I rather see stuff that is not covered as well, personally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, npb748r said:

just like it's been knocked off that boat in that picture !  I wonder if those sailors in the photo are thinking thank @$%& I'm not in that thing !!!

 

The Walrus was an excellent aircraft, saved countless downed airmen, one of Britain's finest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, adameliclem said:

Kotare would knock the Walrus out of the park.

 

HMS_Bermuda_aircraft.jpg

 

Another Supermarine classic, historically significant and dear to New Zealand, tons of cool configurations and schemes, and an aircraft type Kotare team members did brilliantly in the WNW days. In 1/32nd scale, it’d also be a rare flying boat model that wouldn’t require its own hangar, especially with folded wings. 
 

It’s a wish, yes, but I bet they’ve thought of it.

 

Adam

 

 

malreynolds-firefly.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...