Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

11 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

And given they have split the Spitfire Mk I into three different versions - early, middle and late production - I would put my money on them using existing tooling to exploit these versions first.

I would be very surprised if they did anything else.  I really like the early birds, I'd really like to do a 19 Sqn scheme as at their first entry into service.

On 8/25/2022 at 7:30 AM, Dave Williams said:

Has Kotare actually released any kits, or announced a date when they will?   Have they announced any other kits than some early Spitfires?  Or is this just another thread that’s devolved into a wishlist?

1 - no, and on Facebook the latest (18/08/2022) information was the kit is "still on schedule for release later in 2022. Unfortunately, considering the numerous current worldwide supply chain etc disruptions it would be foolhardy of us to try and be any more specific right now, but more information will be forthcoming quite soon."

2 - no, they have announced the Spitfire Mk.Ia (Early) that has subsequently been amended to the Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid)

3 - debatable :D

I for one stand patiently awaiting further updates of their first kit.

8 hours ago, KiwiZac said:

1 - no, and on Facebook the latest (18/08/2022) information was the kit is "still on schedule for release later in 2022. Unfortunately, considering the numerous current worldwide supply chain etc disruptions it would be foolhardy of us to try and be any more specific right now, but more information will be forthcoming quite soon."

2 - no, they have announced the Spitfire Mk.Ia (Early) that has subsequently been amended to the Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid)

3 - debatable :D

I for one stand patiently awaiting further updates of their first kit.

I believe Dave was being a wee bit sarcastic.

As with WnW's I doubt they will release a kit until it's ready.

11 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Copper State and Lukgraph are taking care of that!

CSM are doing a great job with early kits (1914 etc) and Lukhgraph are filling in the rest of the twin seaters Wingnuts didn’t do, in Resin. Roden are bringing out a Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter and Special Hobby a Hanriot Very unlikely but Border might get their hands on the Handley Page or other WNW kits.

I’d like to see CSM or Kotare do a revisit of Spad Vii and Albatros 111. But I do fully support Roden so would feel bad wishing for this

Edited by Pup7309

• 4 weeks later...