Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

5 hours ago, Gary Needham said:

Agree 100% as it is a true enigma how this subject is overlooked given the masses of attractive schemes worn and the large number of operators too and likewise, a AAA company IM 1/32 MIG-15 kit as well.

Gary

The F-86 and MiG-15 (specifically the MiG), would make my day.

2 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

The Walrus was an excellent aircraft, saved countless downed airmen, one of Britain's finest.

And a beautiful aircraft..  I wonder how many pints those aircrews received as a thank you, Many I hope! ;)

Think it was in Rober S Johnson´s book recently they were mentioned as picking up dudes. One getting damaged as it landed it a rough sea and having to fart in like a boat insetad of taking off again.

Didn´t Airfix release a new-ish decently recently? Not in "our" scale of course but..

12 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

The F-86 and MiG-15 (specifically the MiG), would make my day.

A decent MiG-17 in 1/32 would be a godsend - we only have the pretty awful Trumpeter kit. Not only that, it served in over 40 different air forces around the world. Think of all the unusual colour schemes!

Edited by vince14

10 hours ago, ASApilot said:

Great book by James Salter. God awful movie. For one of the best books written on military flying find a copy of Salter's Burning the Days. And a MIG-15, yes. I've built the trumpeter version of the MIG-15 and now I'd like to build a scale model of the plane.

Not read it- but the movie is not "awful", is it? Pretty simple story and some nice shots. What´s not to like? Real flying. Mitchum is good, the chick hot.. ;)

Lol, not Trumpy´s A-team then?

On 8/18/2022 at 6:51 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

Kotare need a couple of money spinners to generate some cash, so I get the Spitfire MkI as a launch choice, as well as the MkII and V versions that will reportedly follow.

It looks like the German single engine fighters are well covered, or about to be so, so why compete in that space??  But there's a heap of WW2 fighters not catered for at present, starting with a P-51B/C, razorback and bubble top P-47 and a -3 Hellcat.  (Yes, I have the Airfix Hellcat -5 in my stash).  There is also no decent P-40E or later, and yes, I'm ignoring Trumpeter's recent P-40's which I don't regard as decent.  I haven't seen the old Hasegawa kit on the shelves at any local hobby shops in a long time.  And New Zealand had quite a lot of P-40's on strength, so a good tribute to their military.  And would someone please do a correctly shaped P-39 or P-63, please??  How about a Griffon Spitfire MkXIV (high back, of course)?  Someone mentioned a Lysander, which I think is a great choice too.

Next, there's a few Japanese planes they could tackle, as well as Italian and Russian fighters MIA.

Then we get into the twins.  A Beaufighter or P-38 anyone?  Two glaring omissions right now, and yes again, I'm ignoring Trumpeter's P-38.

There's so many options for them, really, and if they want cash generators, a P-51B/C and P-40E to N would be the first I'd tackle were I in their shoes.

Cheers,

Michael

WWII ace of aces flew on P38 and... only 2 old kits to present his plane: Revell and Trumpeter..... That's a question.....

On 8/18/2022 at 11:15 AM, adameliclem said:

Kotare would knock the Walrus out of the park.

HMS_Bermuda_aircraft.jpg

Another Supermarine classic, historically significant and dear to New Zealand, tons of cool configurations and schemes, and an aircraft type Kotare team members did brilliantly in the WNW days. In 1/32nd scale, it’d also be a rare flying boat model that wouldn’t require its own hangar, especially with folded wings. 

I understand about the difficulty in finding backing $$$ for Kotare's projects but I simply no longer care for WW2 airplanes. WNW seduced me into WW1 aeroplanes and I like it too much to leave. Combine that era with my love of float planes and flying boats and I hunger for biplanes of any era. 

I would even like to buy a 1/32 and/or 1/24 Walrus (see above photo) in any condition, even an old balse stick and tissue model.   

In any event, I wish Kotare the best of luck with their new venture.

SSCULPTOR

So, don’t have the desire to look through 48 pages of this thread.  Has Kotare actually released any kits, or announced a date when they will?   Have they announced any other kits than some early Spitfires?  Or is this just another thread that’s devolved into a wishlist?

39 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

So, don’t have the desire to look through 48 pages of this thread.  Has Kotare actually released any kits, or announced a date when they will?   Have they announced any other kits than some early Spitfires?  Or is this just another thread that’s devolved into a wishlist?

Not that I'm aware of, Dave. As to wishlists (very, very common on forums, and usually welcome), I see this rather as a suggestion list instead, but that's just me.

And given they have split the Spitfire Mk I into three different versions - early, middle and late production - I would put my money on them using existing tooling to exploit these versions first. I’m expecting three different Spitfire Mk I’s before we see some other subject being produced. Personally I’d love to see the Hurricane Mk I given the same treatment to round out a Battle of Britain theme. Perhaps the Blenheim and Defiant too?