Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

35 minutes ago, John1 said:

I’ve been hearing rumors that they have a new-tool P-51K in the works.    Fingers crossed lads!!

God why, Tamiya did one, Revell did early and late D.  I hope not.  We have had lots of late Mustangs in the last few years.  P-51B/C all day long but we have contemporary late Mustangs.  

Edited by cbk57

yeah ... the F6F... what's with that? It ain't that pretty but it was a dream machine at the time... and well known enough for Tamiya to risk an offering ... that would be awesome. Also.. no nice Thunderbolts around at the moment in 1/32. There is an Eduard one in my local hobby store but it's a limited addition $$$$ one...

Kotare need a couple of money spinners to generate some cash, so I get the Spitfire MkI as a launch choice, as well as the MkII and V versions that will reportedly follow.

It looks like the German single engine fighters are well covered, or about to be so, so why compete in that space??  But there's a heap of WW2 fighters not catered for at present, starting with a P-51B/C, razorback and bubble top P-47 and a -3 Hellcat.  (Yes, I have the Airfix Hellcat -5 in my stash).  There is also no decent P-40E or later, and yes, I'm ignoring Trumpeter's recent P-40's which I don't regard as decent.  I haven't seen the old Hasegawa kit on the shelves at any local hobby shops in a long time.  And New Zealand had quite a lot of P-40's on strength, so a good tribute to their military.  And would someone please do a correctly shaped P-39 or P-63, please??  How about a Griffon Spitfire MkXIV (high back, of course)?  Someone mentioned a Lysander, which I think is a great choice too.

Next, there's a few Japanese planes they could tackle, as well as Italian and Russian fighters MIA.

Then we get into the twins.  A Beaufighter or P-38 anyone?  Two glaring omissions right now, and yes again, I'm ignoring Trumpeter's P-38.

There's so many options for them, really, and if they want cash generators, a P-51B/C and P-40E to N would be the first I'd tackle were I in their shoes.

Cheers,

Michael

58 minutes ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Kotare need a couple of money spinners to generate some cash, so I get the Spitfire MkI as a launch choice, as well as the MkII and V versions that will reportedly follow.

It looks like the German single engine fighters are well covered, or about to be so, so why compete in that space??  But there's a heap of WW2 fighters not catered for at present, starting with a P-51B/C, razorback and bubble top P-47 and a -3 Hellcat.  (Yes, I have the Airfix Hellcat -5 in my stash).  There is also no decent P-40E or later, and yes, I'm ignoring Trumpeter's recent P-40's which I don't regard as decent.  I haven't seen the old Hasegawa kit on the shelves at any local hobby shops in a long time.  And New Zealand had quite a lot of P-40's on strength, so a good tribute to their military.  And would someone please do a correctly shaped P-39 or P-63, please??  How about a Griffon Spitfire MkXIV (high back, of course)?  Someone mentioned a Lysander, which I think is a great choice too.

Next, there's a few Japanese planes they could tackle, as well as Italian and Russian fighters MIA.

Then we get into the twins.  A Beaufighter or P-38 anyone?  Two glaring omissions right now, and yes again, I'm ignoring Trumpeter's P-38.

There's so many options for them, really, and if they want cash generators, a P-51B/C and P-40E to N would be the first I'd tackle were I in their shoes.

Cheers,

Michael

Zoukei-Mura is working on the P-51B/C but Kotare could also jump in to produce one of course. The Beaufighter is on the agenda of Infinity models I believe, but again the more the merrier...A good list Michael!

From the Kotare Facebook page:

Just in case you were wondering, K32001 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) is still on schedule for release later in 2022. Unfortunately, considering the numerous current worldwide supply chain etc disruptions it would be foolhardy of us to try and be any more specific right now, but more information will be forthcoming quite soon.

9 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Some great ideas there guys, but first they have to cover off those Spitfires. Looks like three Mk I’s, then there are the Mk II’s - a, b and LR. While they are doing those they can cover off some early PR versions. Then there are the Mk Vs - a, b and c - followed by a Mk VI and some more PR types. Oh, and early Seafires too! Mks I, II and III.

After that little lot, they can start on the long nose Merlin engined Spitfires. Let’s start with…….. wait, you at the back there. Yes, you. No groaning please! :) 

You forgot about the night fighter version. 

4 hours ago, Mr.T said:

Zoukei-Mura is working on the P-51B/C but Kotare could also jump in to produce one of course. The Beaufighter is on the agenda of Infinity models I believe, but again the more the merrier...A good list Michael!

They are?? I had no idea, nice!

9 hours ago, cbk57 said:

God why, Tamiya did one, Revell did early and late D.  I hope not.  We have had lots of late Mustangs in the last few years.  P-51B/C all day long but we have contemporary late Mustangs.  

The market demands it.   We've never had a satisfactory K model.   Thousands of modelers have been waiting for this upcoming release, it appears that the wait is nearly over.  

Huh? 
Anyway. 
There are a few suggestions here but have to wait and see. Seems like Kotare will generate almost as much speculation as Tamiya or WNW. 
Now if they could just release their planned schedule for the next 10 years…

All I can say is it won’t be a Gotha UWD wacky racer

My top 5 dreamlistwould be

Lysander 

Ju87B

Spad vii

Albatros III 

and B24 Liberator (32 or 48)

So I’d better get scratchbuilding…

Edited by Pup7309

any rumours on price point for their kits ??  Nowadays that's probably as import purchase decision as the subject of the kit and I have a nasty feeling it will become the biggest consideration if things carry on as they are.  As for they next kit, I'm hoping it's unusual and not previously released. 

1 hour ago, John1 said:

The market demands it.   We've never had a satisfactory K model.   Thousands of modelers have been waiting for this upcoming release, it appears that the wait is nearly over.  

Am I missing something, why can:t a K be done from any of the new late D models on the Market?  Canopy, propeller and then what?  

6 minutes ago, npb748r said:

any rumours on price point for their kits ??  Nowadays that's probably as import purchase decision as the subject of the kit and I have a nasty feeling it will become the biggest consideration if things carry on as they are.  As for they next kit, I'm hoping it's unusual and not previously released. 

Good question. Having no engine might bring the price down but everything has gone up. If they released something Tamiya, ZM etc has/ is doing it would have to be much less expensive, surely?

Edited by Pup7309