Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

You know, nobody, NOBODY does a modern kit of the F6F Hellcat with accurate outlines!  I asked myself, how hard can it be to turn the handsome F6F into a clown car?  Well, Trumpeter managed to do it.  And the Hasegawa kit was tooled when NIXON was president.  It is as old as me.  Damn..............Anyhow, there is a huge hole in the market.

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

P-51B please.  It is main stream.  We have a great Tamiya P-51D. 

You know...you're right Rick. Good call. 

3 minutes ago, Super B said:

You know, nobody, NOBODY does a modern kit of the F6F Hellcat with accurate outlines!  I asked myself, how hard can it be to turn the handsome F6F into a clown car?  Well, Trumpeter managed to do it.  And the Hasegawa kit was tooled when NIXON was president.  It is as old as me.  Damn..............Anyhow, there is a huge hole in the market.

Spectacular callout Super B! You honestly made me snort tea with the Nixon comment. But you are correct, the Hasegawa kit is old, good for its time but old. 

I think I’ve said it before, but it would be great if they made kits of aircraft with a Kiwi connection - there’s some great, popular subjects like the Hurricane, A4, Mustang, P-40 E, K, L, M, N and Corsairs, plus some with a lesser known connection like the (captured) Me 109 e4, the Dinah, Kate and Zeros and then some more interesting (to me) aircraft like the Strikemaster, Dragon Rapide and Hind.

Whatever they end up doing, you can put me down for at least 2 of their Spits, 3 if they promise to pop out a Waco U1C :clap2:

16 hours ago, Shoggz said:

Yes, but a IIb as opposed to an earlier Battle of Britain variant!

Shoggz, You are right. But I suppose the Mk IIb is only the first from the series. I'm pretty sure they will continue with other variants (Mk I, Mk IIc etc) like they did with their Bf 109 G. Not immediately, but at a certain moment we should see something. And please mind, the Mk IIb is not a very desired variant (at least to me). I noticed manufacturers often start the line with not so attractive version to boost appetite.

I understand the logic of visiting Spitfire 1-V. But If Tamiya have their great kits, Revell bring out nice early Hurricane family, ZM have their simpler 109s and 190s coming plus Hasegawa have their offerings , would Kotare want to compete with that in a niche market ?

If no one does a P51b / mk IV then yes. Early Thunderbolt, not my cup of Tea but maybe. I’d like to see them do a few less popular kits like Lysander ( hasn’t been done forever.) Ju87b - I’ve read the Trumpeter kit has shape issues. Apparently the Trumpy Wildcat is ok. Or maybe Japanese type (‘Pete’?) 

I’m curious to see if they bring out any WW1 or interwar (or later) stuff. But they can release a Bleriot or Myazaki flying pig for all I care. Put me down for a MK IIb/ 111/ V Spit in the meantime :yahoo:

Edited by Pup7309

12 hours ago, Super B said:

This morning I feel a little older now. 

13 hours ago, Super B said:

You need to upscale to 1/24 - that Airfix kit looks pretty good!

18 hours ago, Super B said:

You really need a Mopar Super Bee avatar.

Some great ideas there guys, but first they have to cover off those Spitfires. Looks like three Mk I’s, then there are the Mk II’s - a, b and LR. While they are doing those they can cover off some early PR versions. Then there are the Mk Vs - a, b and c - followed by a Mk VI and some more PR types. Oh, and early Seafires too! Mks I, II and III.

After that little lot, they can start on the long nose Merlin engined Spitfires. Let’s start with…….. wait, you at the back there. Yes, you. No groaning please! :) 

Edited by Pete Roberts