Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

If Kotare follow the Wingnuts strategy they will milk the early Spitfire variants in several boxings before they even consider a follow up subject.

But Kotare is not Wingnuts and they don't have the deep pockets that Wingnuts had so they will be looking at subjects sure to generate big sales. Nice as a LaGG-3 or Ki 43 may be ( or a Kate or Val) I suspect (hope) they will be looking at something like a Mk 1 Hurricane- perfect complement to the Spitfire, battle of France, Battle of Britain - lots of marking options.

Dave Wilson

Gold Coast

Australia

24 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

I personally, and it would make business sense, hope they milk the Spitfire/Seafire dry, some really nice decals from DK Decals just crying out for a decent model.

If this crew have put the same effort into this kit as the WNW WWI stuff and the Lancaster that Border have released ... Surprisingly this SHOULD be the first 'scale accurate' early model Spitfire in '32 scale ... Surprising, because no one else has put the time and effort in to date! ... Hasegawa came reasonably close though ... 

Definitely a MK.Ia, Mk.IIa (and maybe a 'b'??) a Mk.Vb and at least 1 Seafire (although we could go for a few!!) and perhaps a Trop V.b??

Maybe after they've released a couple of variants we can move onto something else - as Pippin says ;) let's not be hasty!

Not arguing with a new tool Hayabusa tho!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

4 hours ago, Dave Wilson said:

If Kotare follow the Wingnuts strategy they will milk the early Spitfire variants in several boxings before they even consider a follow up subject.

I spent years still waiting for the early version of the DH.2, so WnW didn't always follow up their plans with additional variants.

Matt 

If i started a company like this, I would probably begin with something that will sell real well too! Like a Spit, P-51D or similar.. can´t imagine the market for a Kate or val is nearly as big - but what do I know.. however, down the road, when they have established themselves?

I would lvoe to see more P-47s in 1/32 however.. ;)

Reading the publicity blurbs from Kotare it appears they will be producing kit sets of subjects THEY want to do. Let’s hope they have the same tastes ….

However, I would wager that, having identified THREE different variants of Mk I Spitfire, they will be doing these subjects first. Meaning we’ll likely be getting three variations of Spitfire Mk I. But probably only one variation of groaning! :) 

Hmm tough choice....

Do they release a well know and very popular aircraft that is (hopefully) very well detailed and accurate. So that it sells very well indeed. thus makes them have some decent cashflow to invest in future projects until they feel confident enough to maybe invest in some more less commonly known subjects and therefore less desirable?

Or

Do they just go ball out and listen to people on forums like this and make subjects that have limited appeal and hope for the best?

Seriously the constant bitching on here about their choice for the first aircraft to be made is just laughable.

I don't see any bitching about it, all that's happening is that people are expressing what they hope will come in future from them.

I won't be buying one of their Spitfires as I'm not interested in the subject at all, but I still hope they sell a ton of them as that'll mean they will have money to do other subjects in future.

Edited by vince14

I’ll buy at least one of their kits and whatever they bring out next is fine ( as long as it’s a Ju 87b, Ki 100, Spad vii or Albatros 111) 

:thumbsup:

Hurricane wouldn’t be bad, but aren’t Revell doing one?

Edited by Pup7309

I honestly hope they do all of the big sellers first. The vast majority of modellers and Kotare will win from that: Kotare will hopefully be on a sound financial footing from the sales of the big sellers (Spitfire, Bf109, P51D Mustang, Fw190) and we will also hopefully have more state of the art kit choice. that may seem boring but Tamiya have made a business model out of choosing the safe bets. Then Kotare can do what they want! Just my tuppence-worth.

Edited by Archimedes
typo