Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

On 11/20/2021 at 6:35 AM, DonH said:

I have it on good authority from a mate who was on a zoom meeting in the pub, that the next release from Kotare will be a Spey engined Phantom.

In the meantime, I will impatiently await the release of probably the best Spitfire MkI in the world. My cash is sitting ready to be unleashed.

Scale? :)

On 11/20/2021 at 6:50 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Gas vapor is actually what is flammable vs the liquid form.

Was a fireman for a while.. Had this older dude telling us young fakks how you theoretically can kill a fire with gas.. But it was not adviseable.. ;)

14 minutes ago, Paramedic said:

Had this older dude telling us young fakks how you theoretically can kill a fire with gas.. But it was not adviseable.. ;)

There was an episode of Mythbusters where they tried to set a car fuel tank on fire by shooting it with a variety of ammunitons, including tracers, with no result. They explained stoichiometry and the "fire triangle". 

Radu 

• 3 months later...

Kotare's latest email newsletter is out - hopefully it's okay for me to share it here?

Hi,

Please understand that this email out was initially prepared well in advance of the horrific Russian invasion of Ukraine three weeks ago. Many things that we thought were important back then have now paled into insignificance. Our hearts and incredible admiration go out to our many Ukrainian friends, “Slava Ukraine”!

Thank you for signing up to the Kotare newsletter. At this time there isn’t very much in the way of news to impart, but we thought we should at least say something in case you forget about us! So, thank you again. Also please note that we promise to keep the number of these newsletters/emails to a minimum with future ones only being sent out when there is something significant to say.  

K32001 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) is progressing well and remains on schedule for release later this year. The next big milestone we are looking forward to is the receipt of test shots in the not-too-distant future.

Just in case you haven’t checked out our website recently, you will find several 3D renders showing numerous details of K32001 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) in the gallery;

https://www.kotare-models.com/products/k32001-132-spitfire-mkia-mid

Also, if you’re that way inclined, you can also follow us on Facebook;

https://www.facebook.com/kotaremodels

We are actively developing several other new releases which we are not quite ready to reveal just yet, but I think it would be disingenuous for us to deny that there would probably be at least another variation or two of the Spitfire included amongst them.

Hopefully things can get back to something resembling normal worldwide before too much longer so that we will be able to meet many of you in person at the various model shows etc that we plan on attending.  

Many people have been asking for updated release date information and price etc. The release of K32001 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) remains on schedule for later in 2022. Unfortunately, because of worldwide supply chain problems and numerous of the world events, it would be folly for us to try and be more specific about a release date and/or price (even ballpark) at this time. Sorry.      

If you have any questions and comments etc (or great reference photos or drawings for future projects) please just drop me a line at richard@kotare-models.com. But please don’t forget to check our website (and FAQ page) for updates;

https://www.kotare-models.com/page/frequently-asked-questions

Cheers
Richard

Richard Alexander
General Manager

And now a message from the proprietor of Kotare Models…

Dear Fellow Modeller,

Please accept my sincere thanks for signing up to receive the Kotare Models newsletter! You are joining us in the fascinating process of developing a new kitset manufacturing company.

The whole project depends on our community of enthusiasts liking what we do, buying kitsets and building them with enjoyment.

Since I was very young aeroplanes and kitsets of aeroplanes have been ever-present in my life, and the opportunity to join forces with talented people like Richard, Darren, Malcolm, Ronny, Darryl and Jason is a dream come true for me.

I am very sure that you will love our first kitset; the iconic Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), and you can rest assured that we have many other interesting projects planned for the upcoming years, in a variety of scales and genres. We are focussing on the machines that WE love but hopefully they will appeal to you was well.

Cheers from the Antipodes!

Mark Robson 
Proprietor

b390db23-fa23-44b8-6549-27e26a307ea1.jpg

K32001 Kotare 1-32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) cockpit. Metal seat with Sutton harness & armour plating shown. Note that some details were changed after this image was created.

• 4 months later...

I dunno guys & gals; if I were a participant in the Kotare venture and wanted to enter the model manufacturing field with a WW2 airplane I would want to prodece a 1/32 kit of a plane that has not yet been produced as a kit...[drumroll please]... I would come out with the Japanese KATE. 

The Kate was one of the most important airplanes in the  1941-1943 era.. But it has not been produced in 1/32 scale for some odd reason.:hmmm: 

I would also recommend the VAL but I understand that another company is going to produce that one this year. Or maybe next year. Or maybe ...

We now have almost every version of the Me-109's, Spitfires, etc. etc. 

Enuf alreddy! Gimmie a KATE.

ssculptor

20 minutes ago, ssculptor said:

I dunno guys & gals; if I were a participant in the Kotare venture and wanted to enter the model manufacturing field with a WW2 airplane I would want to prodece a 1/32 kit of a plane that has not yet been produced as a kit...[drumroll please]... I would come out with the Japanese KATE. 

The Kate was one of the most important airplanes in the  1941-1943 era.. But it has not been produced in 1/32 scale for some odd reason.:hmmm: 

I would also recommend the VAL but I understand that another company is going to produce that one this year. Or maybe next year. Or maybe ...

We now have almost every version of the Me-109's, Spitfires, etc. etc. 

Enuf alreddy! Gimmie a KATE.

ssculptor

Hi Stephen,

Infinity should release soon the Val AND the Kate! It looks someone finally heard your prays!

Thierry 

42 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Hi Stephen,

Infinity should release soon the Val AND the Kate! It looks someone finally heard your prays!

Thierry 

I think he has be asking for the kate for about 10 years that I know of, someone finally probably got confused and thought Stephen is 10,000 scale model all desperately wanting a 1/32 Kate.  :D

10 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

I think he has be asking for the kate for about 10 years that I know of, someone finally probably got confused and thought Stephen is 10,000 scale model all desperately wanting a 1/32 Kate.  :D

I started campaigning for a 1/32 Kate and a Val back around the year 2000. 

I am a very patient man.

Stephen