Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

5 minutes ago, dmp said:

This looks quite promising. 

Interesting to see a slightly different approach to the layout of some of the major components like the spine and horizontal tail. 

What are folk's thoughts on sliding the whole assembly into the tail like that rather than individual tailplanes?

I hadn't noticed until I read your post, it's great they're taking a fresh approach, I think it's going to be a kit to treasure.

My main interest in aviation and modeling is jets but I think I'll be tempted to buy this iconic treasure. I think contemporary production capabilities and tooling gives out products as close as can be to the CAD presentations so the final product should not fall off far from what we see in the images. Especially if one is trying to build a new brand reputation with former affiliation history to surpass.

I wonder if they'll stick to WWII subjects for a while. If they do, I hope they take a look at the twins as well. Bristol Blenheim, BP Defiant etc. 

If not, a lot of fifties jets are still not out there, I'd like a Meteor F8 amongst many others and I'd guess they'd be quite popular too. 

Oh to be a fly on the wall eh.  :D

Good luck to them anyway.  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I wonder how they feel about a Hellcat series.... :)

There are some great WWII subjects that are ready for a new take, Hellcat, Wildcat, Hurricane.  There are a number of subjects out there that have been left wide open and would be great sellers.  

12 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

There are some great WWII subjects that are ready for a new take, Hellcat, Wildcat, Hurricane.  There are a number of subjects out there that have been left wide open and would be great sellers.  

Time flies by, we are getting older fastly
I wonder if we can get our hands on these kits before dying

On 11/16/2021 at 12:02 PM, dmp said:

This looks quite promising. 

Interesting to see a slightly different approach to the layout of some of the major components like the spine and horizontal tail. 

What are folk's thoughts on sliding the whole assembly into the tail like that rather than individual tailplanes?

With care, it'll be easier to keep everything true. Note also the whole lower wing and wing spars. 

I believe this kit will be a sheer delight to build. 

This Spitfire I plus the ICM Yakovlev-9, Revell Bf-109G-2/4 and Hawker Hurricane II all coming next year — exciting times. 

Tony 

Firstly, I’d love to see them make a fortune from the Spitfire, if they spend a few years just releasing the less commonly modelled marks I’ll be a happy old man.

For their second kit, I’d like to see them go for something that the RNZAF operated, perhaps the P40E, Hawker Hind or even an A4K.

Anyhow, let’s give them some time to get their feet on the ground and their bank account into the black before we (I) start on the wish list :)

33 minutes ago, Tony T said:

With care, it'll be easier to keep everything true. Note also the whole lower wing and wing spars. 

I believe this kit will be a sheer delight to build. 

This Spitfire I plus the ICM Yakovlev-9, Revell Bf-109G-2/4 and Hawker Hurricane II all coming next year — exciting times. 

Tony 

Tony thanks for the "true" description, thought I was the only one who used that term. :)