Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

On 9/23/2021 at 9:38 PM, esarmstrong said:

If Kotare sees this as being worth their while, it will happen.  Hope it does happen.

On 9/23/2021 at 11:56 PM, RBrown said:

Well hopefully your novel will be an international best seller, and later a blockbuster movie.  The profits can be used to launch a company devoted to the production of aircraft in 1/32 scale... 

Well, after I make a zillion dollars when my novels are made into movies and/or TV shows I can start producing WW1 era kits in 1/32 scale. Pipe dreams are my favorite hobby.

Y'know, it just occurred to me that if worst comes to worst I can always go back to the way I made models back in the1940's. Back then I started with blocks of balsa and carved the parts with a sharp knife and sanding sticks. Or stick and tissue. I am not in love with plastic, y'know.

Keep 'em Flying

22 hours ago, RLWP said:

How have I missed that beauty!

Richard

I save the finest ones for speshul occasions  :P

1000hp engine , just about reach 10000ft in an hour or so ,and a top whack of 115mph , all the while dragging a torpedo between that undercarraige. Later flew with a diesel engine if you can believe that, not bad for 1924 .

TBH two lolly pop sticks and Toblerone carton and this one is nailed and down . 

Brought to you by ....

Blackburn Aircraft ..............

...........denying aerodynamics, aesthetics and wind tunnel nonsense for 50 years .

On 9/26/2021 at 12:57 AM, Violator1991 said:

I would add the F-1 Phantom and A-3 Skywarrior to this lovely list of yours. 

A-3 Skywarrior?? In 1/32?? 

I'd be more than delighted if such a kit ever comes but manufacturers are not interested in such big kits anymore, so it seems.

As a side note, the Australian model podcast “On the Bench” has an interview with Richard Alexander, the head of Kotare, and their early plans as to what their direction will be. A good interview, but as always, Richard is a bit evasive as to what subjects are in the pipeline, just like when he was with Wingnut Wings! It is the episode from September 18th…..

Thor    :ph34r:

I'd love a new tool Griffon Spitty within my lifetime. Whatever happened to the PCM Mk.XIVc moulds? Somebody mentioned Special Hobby at one time. 

Have both "modern" Revells with some extra bits but they're going to need a tube of filler and a couple of sheets of very fine emery paper. Will be nice to replace them with a Kotare and Tamiya, respectively — oh, the pitfalls of consumerism! 

Tony 

2 hours ago, Tony T said:

I'd love a new tool Griffon Spitty within my lifetime. Whatever happened to the PCM Mk.XIVc moulds? Somebody mentioned Special Hobby at one time. 

Have both "modern" Revells with some extra bits but they're going to need a tube of filler and a couple of sheets of very fine emery paper. Will be nice to replace them with a Kotare and Tamiya, respectively — oh, the pitfalls of consumerism! 

Tony 

Hi Tony,

The Mk.XIV was not done by Special Hobby but by Sword. Special Hobby only made the very first PCM kits (typically the Macchis).

BR

Thierry

2 hours ago, Tony T said:

I've just been on a spit build-fest, including 3 of the modern Revell 2x MK IX and the MkII), the fit was perfect, no gaps and no filler needed on any of them. Also did the hobbyboss MK V, again great build with no gaps. 

3 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Hi Tony,

The Mk.XIV was not done by Special Hobby but by Sword. Special Hobby only made the very first PCM kits (typically the Macchis).

BR

Thierry

Thanks. Does that mean Sword might produce them? I don't know who owns the tooling and whether or not it'll all be left to rust!? 

2 hours ago, npb748r said:

I've just been on a spit build-fest, including 3 of the modern Revell 2x MK IX and the MkII), the fit was perfect, no gaps and no filler needed on any of them. Also did the hobbyboss MK V, again great build with no gaps. 

I was referring to the pockmarks which all need puttying. I might give the IIa a go in January as I have new radiator and rotol spinner parts, plus HGW harness and Xtradecals.

Nice to know it fits well, though I recall the wing needing some adjustment to dihedral. Trouble is, I'll then need a Hawker Hurricane to go with it. 

Tony