Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

I wonder if the appearance of Kotare on the radar will make Japanese companies want to bring out P51 b/c (Tamiya/ZM) if it was their intention, earlier, or maybe a Japanese a/c Ki 61 or early simplified Zero Tamiya? Hasegawa a ki 43 or Ki 100? It seems unlikely that Kotare would want to compete with Tamiyas P 51s or Corsairs. But who knows!

If Kotare has the simplicity of Hasegawa and surface detail of last Tamiya offerings and fit of both. Who wouldn't be salivating at that prospect?!

:clap2::bow::beer4::party0023:

Happy days!

Edited by Pup7309

20 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

But all (AFAIK) WWI aircraft had externally visible engines, unlike the Spitfire, where only the exhaust pipes are visible.  So apples vs. oranges.

Their Lancaster was provided with an engine (the RR Merlin, as a matter of fact), and plan was for multiple engines, as an option, if the modeler so wanted to buy them after market.  That engine was a thing of beauty, too.  Saw it in Chattanooga.  Many of the guys with Kotare were involved in the R&R for that engine.  EDIT: Regarding visible WWI engines, the Hispano Suiza engine was not visible on the SE. 5a or the Sopwith Dolphin, nor was the engine visible on the Ninak or the Bristol F2B Fighter. German aircraft was a different matter. 2nd EDIT: The Gotha G. IV and G. I had covered engines, too along with that other German twin engine bomber (AEG?) whose name escapes me now.

Edited by esarmstrong

32 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Well, it's all academic, since Kotare has said the kit won't have an engine.  So that's the end of that.

Hope not.  They have done CADs, but they have not started the tooling.  Hopefully provision for an added engine will be considered after this version is released as a part of some other future release(s).  Ultimately "WNW quality" is in the eye of the beholder, but without provision for an engine to at least be added...

5 hours ago, RLWP said:

That could be worth watching. The solidity of apples versus the hidden acidity of the juicy orange, a close call.

Well, it’s all academic, since Kotare has said the kit will not include apples or oranges, but it might include a kiwi, so that’s that. I said, that’s that. THAT’S THAT, DAMN IT. Guys? Hey guys, where are you going? Guys? Hello?