Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

27 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

We have our entire last 1/48 project that we didn’t do in 1/32.

I did buy those for some planned 1/48 builds using a combination of Eduard and Tamiya kits that never came to fruition. I did go check the site to see if you had them in 1/32 as soon as I saw what this kit was going to be and not seeing them figured you’d sold out. Didn’t realise you never did them in 1/32.

55 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Given the lack of a decent 1/32 Mk I at the time, it was a conscious decision not to do them. It’s expensive to print decals that don’t sell. Hopefully that situation will change with this release!

Well if you’re printing that set in 1/32 I know I’ll be needing a minimum of 3 of these kits. 

On 9/16/2021 at 6:41 AM, Royboy said:

A nice Mk V would be very nice to follow up on the 1a and I do hope they consider the naval versions too.

Yes, also a nice Hurricane series too would please a lot of people, well it is Battle of Britain day today so why not give it a mention. :thumbsup: 

So they can do a Mk2, Seafire and Mk5 from the Mk1 template? That's great!

The 1/32 Ju87b Aifix could also do with an upgrade. I know Trumpy did one but was called out for inaccuracies 

17 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

Nice one. 

The images on the shared FaceBook page suggest good surface detailing. Possibly similar treatment to the WNW Lanc?

I hope this sells like hot cakes and that Kotare do indeed continue to release later variants of the Spit. From memory the only Griffon engined mainstream Spitfire is the old Matchbox kit isn't it? Is there not a market for later Spitfires and Seafires? I'd love a Mk47Seafire with that massive contra rotating prop on the nose or five bladed Mk24 Spitfire  on my shelf. :hmmm:

+1 on the hotcakes!

When considering the major Spitfire variants; whilst Tamiya have done what is a beautiful MkIXc and (my personal favourite Spitfire variant)  the Mk VIII, not only has there never been a 'definitive MkIa in this scale but nor has there been a definitive MkVb from the Merlin engine series.  The Matchbox effort at the Mk22/24 is credible for its time but it would be nice to think that Kotare may even go in that direction.  For now I am simply glad that this manufacturer will fill one of the most obvious gaps in the 1/32 LSP canon: a (hopefully) definitive Supermarine Spitfire Mk1a. :clap2:

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by Archimedes

IMHO, when making a model, if there is no allowance for an exposed engine, there is not a great deal of point in doing a model in 1/32 scale or larger, unless you are using short-run technology.  Eduard and many others have already given and are still giving us a very nice no-engine Spitfire family in quarter scale.  Revell did it with the Mark I & II Spitfire in 1/32 scale.  For this release, I hope Kotare will use the knowledge they gained creating the RR Merlin engine for the unreleased WNW Lancaster.  Just one man's opinion, TIFWIW.