Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

19 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

I really like the way Kotare have the box art in mind.  I have researched the name on the box and it appears to be an artist named Darryl Fagg?  Can't be sure reading the name.  I can't seem to pull up any more information than this bit.  Love the box cover on this initial release.  Way to go Kotare.  

OSX4yh.png

Good news can’t wait to see what they bring out. Well some of the unknowns are known. Yes they will do WW2. Good luck to them hope it sells well and it pays for other stuff that needs an overhaul- I’m looking at you 70’s 1/32 Lysander kit and 1/48 Monogram Liberator! (or is the Lib 60’s?) :clap2:

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

If you are talking "B" then yes I wholeheartedly agree!

However, with the preeminent D out there (Tamiya) and the cost effective well done option (Revell) out there as well there is all of 0 need for a new D, market or otherwise.

I reckon a B/C might be in the offing, unless Tamiya does one

3 hours ago, RLWP said:

In the middle of all the celebration, I'm wondering about this choice

On the one hand, anything Spitfire-shaped sells - as long as it isn't too expensive

On the other, there cannot be an aeroplane that has had more books written about it, more TV programmes, more discussions, more 'experts' online. If this comes out at 'WNW' prices and it isn't absolutely spot on accurate, it's going to be a big challenge for Kotare. I'm already imagining the discussions on the highly subjective 'gull-wing' shape and nose profiles

Brave choice guys

Richard

We’ll have to read theRiveting Committee’s findings- that’s not a thread I want to follow. Kotare will jump the high bar on this I’d think 

Edited by Pup7309

A nice Mk V would be very nice to follow up on the 1a and I do hope they consider the naval versions too.

Yes, also a nice Hurricane series too would please a lot of people, well it is Battle of Britain day today so why not give it a mention. :thumbsup: 

15 hours ago, MikeC said:

And some more speculation: Given: (1) that the title is "...Mk Ia(late)"; (2) Wingnut Wings' propensity for releasing more than one version of an aeroplane type; tainly bound to sell, and thereby set Kotare on a sound financial footing so they can take a risk on some more esoteric subjects.

Unless it's a Dh.2, which I'm still slightly grumpy about. Include all the parts and instruction call-outs for the other version, then don't make them.

Matt 

16 hours ago, MikeC said:

I was struck by the last para in the description on their website:" Basically the most notable variants were the 1030hp Mk.Ia, 1470hp Mk.Vb, 1720hp Mk.IXc, 2035hp Mk.XIVe, the unarmed photo-reconnaissance Mk.XI and the navalised Seafire Mk.III."  Am I reading too much into this in wondering if this is indicative of future plans?  A decent Mk XIV and PRXI would be absolute Spitfire Heaven for me at least.

And some more speculation: Given: (1) that the title is "...Mk Ia(late)"; (2) Wingnut Wings' propensity for releasing more than one version of an aeroplane type; I forecast a Mk Ia (early) following on at some stage, complete with black/white/silver (pick one of several variations) undersides and pre-war markings.

I know some folks are saying "Oh groan, another Spitfire", but apart from benefiting those of us who consider you can never have too many Spits, it is almost certainly bound to sell, and thereby set Kotare on a sound financial footing so they can take a risk on some more esoteric subjects.

Mike, I think you are on to something. As posted elsewhere in this thread, Richard has hinted that there are likely more Spitfire versions coming. Let’s face it, of all the subjects this is one of the best ‘cash cows’. A lot of common components between Marks so with careful engineering you get a good run from your moulds, plus the added benefit of a very popular subject, and a wealth of markings to choose from. Great choice, and one super happy camper here having asked WNW to do this one years ago when they announced their Lanc. :bow:

Nice one. 

The images on the shared FaceBook page suggest good surface detailing. Possibly similar treatment to the WNW Lanc?

I hope this sells like hot cakes and that Kotare do indeed continue to release later variants of the Spit. From memory the only Griffon engined mainstream Spitfire is the old Matchbox kit isn't it? Is there not a market for later Spitfires and Seafires? I'd love a Mk47Seafire with that massive contra rotating prop on the nose or five bladed Mk24 Spitfire  on my shelf. :hmmm: