Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

I will remain cautiously optimistic and hope that those Lancasters will see the light of day under this brand.  If not, then there's a lot of other opportunities out there so I too will wish them a very gracious welcome and hope that they will perpetuate the quality and user interface (i.e., the instructions) that were associated with the previous venture.

Hmmm...Maybe they'll be a surprise vendor/mfg. at the IPMS Nationals this year?  Perhaps not but we may not know until everything is setup and in place.  Here's hoping!

Edited by Juggernut

Wonderful news! A new company emerging is always a great event! I will wait patiently for whatever they produce! Any confirmation that they will indeed be LSP's only? And great to see the South African connection, Darryl Legg is an accomplished aviation artist with a very realistic touch and incredible attention to detail. Great research too. Regards, Marc.

5 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

You crazies for the ‘109s!   If we have to go through this phase then I want EARLY variants be for the F and Gs (e.g., A B, C D).

ZM is producing ‘109Gs any way right?

I thought it was obvious I was joking. 
The last thing I need is another 109 of any variant.

One that I am wondering about: didn’t WNW say they were in development of a star-strutter?

How about a Duck?

Random thought that I had was if they are former WNW and if part of what led to WNW demise (rumor speculation etc!) was they went for the oddball kits instead of Spads for instance might that make them more likely to focus on bringing that level of engineering to fairly mainstream subjects?  They've already gone through the suck of having their company fall apart under them, I would imagine that will have an effect on how they position their new company.

I have not seen anybody say this..

Their first subject WW2….  Resurrection of the WNW Lancaster perhaps.   After all it was close to release and, as such, securing the moulds etc would be a great first step.  

They do need to release a ‘banker’ early on though to get money rolling in….

Edited by BarryWilliams

I'm actually done with WWI needs/desires, but if they were to release some WWII stuff that has never been visited well, I'd be very intrigued. Regardless, I wish them all the very best, and regardless of whatever the new company philosophy may be, I sincerely hope they knock a few out of the park and become a major force once again.

2 hours ago, BarryWilliams said:

I have not seen anybody say this..

Their first subject WW2….  Resurrection of the WNW Lancaster perhaps.   After all it was close to release and, as such, securing the moulds etc would be a great first step.  

They do need to release a ‘banker’ early on though to get money rolling in….

I don't think that's likely - WNW still owns all the IP for the Lanc kit (as well as the moulds) and, given how the demise of the company came about, I wouldn't be too surprised if the Kotare people wanted to steer clear of Peter Jackson. Having said that, of course, we know almost nothing about Kotare or their plans. Although when someone on the Windsock Facebook page was querying whether Kotare would be doing WWI aircraft, Ray Rimell replied with this gif...

rainn-wilson.gif

They gave us two clues. I don't recognize the planes, but I see fabric and some sort of grommet (not Wallace) as well as something that looks like rib tape, but doesn't really match that completely. I think they enjoyed our puzzling out the next kit when they worked at their previous company, so they are doing it to us again.

Thanks for some more fun,

Tnarg

25 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

I’m absolutely amazed we went two whole pages before someone mentioned the Lancaster!!! :rofl:

Subjects be damned, all I know is that I want to see kiwi companies succeed and will buy whatever they happen to release in 1/32. 

Hi Mike,

That is pretty much where I am at with Kotera: I will buy their first release no matter what it is as, even if the subject matter is not right in my area of interest, curiosity will get the better of me and I really do want this group of individuals to succeed.  

Kind regards,

Paul