Phear the Bones. Another F-4B conversion.

MDuv

5 hours ago, easixpedro said:

You're not kidding! My build is looking downright childish compared to that lovely work. I've been staring at his panel lines for a few minutes now and want to go back and fix mine (too bad they're covered in decals now).

Somebody much smarter than I once said that, no matter how good something is, there is always a better way.  That’s how we move forward.

7 hours ago, easixpedro said:

You're not kidding! My build is looking downright childish compared to that lovely work. I've been staring at his panel lines for a few minutes now and want to go back and fix mine (too bad they're covered in decals now).

Ummm, not at all mate!  Yours is a stunner.  Send it to me then if you're not happy.  I will gladly display it with mine!

On 8/26/2021 at 3:17 PM, easixpedro said:

Except for that 2 decal on the flap, there is nothing  to go back on your build.
BTW, could you put my name in number two on the list to get your build shipped when you're bored of it. :ninja:

18 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Ummm, not at all mate!  Yours is a stunner.  Send it to me then if you're not happy.  I will gladly display it with mine!

Wait for him to fix the LG before getting it shipped to you !

I may say your 2 builds are my main inspiration before I get to work on mine, guess it's turning into an inspirational loop :-)
Cheers guys.

Mathieu

Hi Gentlemen

Thank your for your kind words and encouragements, they are very motivational ! 

The follow up on the MB H5 seats.

I have the AMS H5, thay are very nice, but I'd like to keep them for future reference. So my plan is to modifiy the Aires H7 to H5 standard. Would I fail I could still use the AMS on the build and order more of them.

AMS left, Aires Right. 

Essentially, the differences reside in the parachute housing on top of the seat. Metal case on the H5, moulded plastic (?) on the H7.
jYx9xf4.jpg?1

I carrefully carved in the Aires seat, to remove the parachute housing, sorry for the blurry pic..
vrU1ITt.jpg
Then I got the cameo out (again) and cut a foldable piece of plastic
DGrndPQ.jpg

once bend and folded, it's looking more of a parachute housing :

0icJVkT.jpg

Seats are primed in Silver: 

PrRmt6i.jpg

Followed by a mix of black and Soot, immediatly sponge sanded for effect.

lIjwAOI.jpg

The cushions are painted in different shades of green and orrange (Inspired by ref pics in the Daco's book)

wR0TYAJ.jpg

Here is the current state. I still have a lot of work on them: add a milliput cushion at the base, another at the top (strapped to the top), brush pick the small details in green and silver. and strap some meat over them, wich will hide the lower cushions.

Xp7RLEo.jpg

Cheers.
Mathieu

Absolutely brilliant work, Mathieu! The seats look lovely; by the way, Sparkit (from France) makes some excellent looking 3D printed Mk.5s. 

I'll be following your progress very closely; I was wondering if you would be willing to share the Silhouette file for the wing panels? I'd love to build an RF-4B in the near future and your parts would come very handy... 

On 9/1/2021 at 10:32 AM, MikeMaben said:

Wow, those look great Mathieu, very nice work.  :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hi Mike! Thank you for your always goodwill and supportive comments & advices! Very appreciated!

2 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Absolutely brilliant work, Mathieu! The seats look lovely; by the way, Sparkit (from France) makes some excellent looking 3D printed Mk.5s. 

I'll be following your progress very closely; I was wondering if you would be willing to share the Silhouette file for the wing panels? I'd love to build an RF-4B in the near future and your parts would come very handy... 

Hi! 
Thank you sir! Receiving such comments from the scratch maestro is very humbling.

I was not aware about sparkit products.. just gave their website a tour, and indeed their products looks awesome! Will consider them for future project.

Yes the panels and the paint scheme will be shared on the scale model paint masks forum in due time. I want to finish the lower wing mod first to include all the panels necessary for the mod in the file. Will update on this thread once they are available.

Cheers 

Mathieu

Just wonderful Mathieu!  I enjoy seeing this thread updated, you are doing such a great job....love it!

15 hours ago, MDuv said:

I want to finish the lower wing mod first to include all the panels necessary for the mod in the file. Will update on this thread once they are available.

Is this the big doubler/strapping that runs along the lower spar?

Cheers Anthony

26 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Just wonderful Mathieu!  I enjoy seeing this thread updated, you are doing such a great job....love it!

Is this the big doubler/strapping that runs along the lower spar?

Cheers Anthony

Hi Anthony, thank you for your kind words.
The parts on the lower wing are the one that are bulged on the tamiya kit: wheel door, airbrake, and the wing itself.
It's at Wip atm, so pics soon.

Cheers.

Mathieu