2022 Group Build suggestions and any other thoughts

BradG

I like Martin’s idea of “oldest in your stash”.

I would not mind a repeat of the Phantom fever or strictly OOB GB.

i think it could be also interesting if we were all building the same kit. It would have to be something easy to find and relatively cheap like the Revell 109, 190 or P-51 for this to work.

Middle East GB

Duelist GB: you build two kits (over 12 months) of aircrafts that fought each other (P-51 vs 109, hellcat vs zero, Sabre vs Mig-15, Tomcat vs Flogger)

Wheels up GB: any aircraft in flight

Cheers,

David

It's inevitable that group builds are going to be repeated.  I think a lot of guys would like to improve skills in other areas.   One skill I am looking to improve is painting figures.  And a figure or two give scale as well as a bit of a story.

So my idea is:  With pilots and or groundcrew.

56 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

It's inevitable that group builds are going to be repeated.  I think a lot of guys would like to improve skills in other areas.   One skill I am looking to improve is painting figures.  And a figure or two give scale as well as a bit of a story.

So my idea is:  With pilots and or groundcrew.

Have you tried painting any figures from Reedoak?

There are some great ideas in this thread so far - and I won't let the fact that I have failed to complete every group build project I've ever started deter me from suggesting a couple more....

- Cheap Thrills: Any kit of any LSP subject so long as the all-in cost (kit, decals, resin bits, etc) is less than $50 USD (or whatever value is deemed appropriate). Could be an Ebay win, a swap meet find, hobby shop sale, or whatever.

- Clear the Bench (SOD, Stalled prior GB project): Realizing this would probably violate the 25% GB rule - any project that is sitting there begging to be completed, regardless of how old it is, or how far along. Just get 'er done and into the display cabinet!

Cheers!

John.

Edited by Leaning_Dog
corrected typo

7 hours ago, Leaning_Dog said:

- Clear the Bench (SOD, Stalled prior GB project): Realizing this would probably violate the 25% GB rule - any project that is sitting there begging to be completed, regardless of how old it is, or how far along. Just get 'er done and into the display cabinet!

Cheers!

John.

no problem for me as I have a number of stalled builds way before the 25% rule kicks in. 

7 hours ago, Leaning_Dog said:

There are some great ideas in this thread so far - and I won't let the fact that I have failed to complete every group build project I've ever started deter me from suggesting a couple more....

- Cheap Thrills: Any kit of any LSP subject so long as the all-in cost (kit, decals, resin bits, etc) is less than $50 USD (or whatever value is deemed appropriate). Could be an Ebay win, a swap meet find, hobby shop sale, or whatever.

Cheers!

John.

I like the Stalled GB theme.  Participants could refer to the GB it was originally intended for.

Including some figures in a build is an interesting idea. The 'cheap kit' GB is already on the short list.

Aircraft you have flown or family association with is probably a bit too limited. The same with the christmas raffle builds, it would exclude too many people. We did do 'Clear the Shelf of Doom' back in 2017 so it might be up for another round. The idea of an off 1/32 Group Build has been discussed before and rejected, I know the guys really want to keep this an LSP place. 

56 minutes ago, BradG said:

Aircraft you have flown or family association with is probably a bit too limited.

The idea is we list aircraft that members have flown and then anyone can build one from the list. Not sure what we would get, perhaps it would be interesting to compile a list just for giggles.