The ‘Viper’ pit - A short break to build other stuff.

Stokey Pete

I had a go at the underside. Wow! That was a serious masking session. I got to the point where a few of the scales weren’t lining up as true as hoped, but in all honesty, are unlikely to be seen when displayed. And from a viewing distance, isn’t all that bad. A bit more repair work on the underside, and a bit of overspray correction on the upper surface, and I’ll be calling the main paintwork done. 

52420588468_eff4fc48c9_b.jpg

I’m rapidly closing in on the end of another airframe. I was unsure about the scheme until I got some decals onto it. Now it all makes sense and looks pretty damned cool. 
I’m a few oil streaks, a bit of bleaching, some metallics, and a flat coat away from wrapping it up for display. 
The conundrum is…..how to pose it. With 7 others already on the shelf, I’m trying not to repeat poses if I can help it. 

52427938361_f5a9bbd642_b.jpg

I just realised that with the end of this one, that should have been the end of the whole ‘Viper pit’ saga. However, during the long nights. Those pesky little critters seem to have multiplied.:rofl:

52428833224_098ebb40dc_b.jpg

I snapped up a rare Thunderbirds boxing because why wouldn’t you if it was available? I had a Block 50 boxing that I was meant to commission build for a friend, that friend no longer wants it, and I’m blaming @ade rowlands for the last acquisition of another block 50.

Those are the very last of them, I genuinely have no more space on the shelves to display any, and I have no more space to build any new display units. 

18 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I just realised that with the end of this one, that should have been the end of the whole ‘Viper pit’ saga. However, during the long nights. Those pesky little critters seem to have multiplied.:rofl:

52428833224_098ebb40dc_b.jpg

I snapped up a rare Thunderbirds boxing because why wouldn’t you if it was available? I had a Block 50 boxing that I was meant to commission build for a friend, that friend no longer wants it, and I’m blaming @ade rowlands for the last acquisition of another block 50.

Those are the very last of them, I genuinely have no more space on the shelves to display any, and I have no more space to build any new display units. 

Ahhh yes but it is one BADA$$ set of display cabinets!!

• Stokey Pete changed the title to The ‘Viper’ pit - ‘Venom’ Done.

Speaking of display space, I thought I’d lend context to my build collection by showing a rough photo of what I display everything in. 
This takes up an entire 8ft x 7ft space! 

52441936960_6c5663de99_b.jpg

As you can see, it’s rapidly filling up. I have 3 more Vipers, an F-15C, and a Viggen to accommodate in that last lower left portion. After that, I’m pretty much done.

• Stokey Pete changed the title to The ‘Viper’ pit - ‘Venom’ Done - 3 to go.
39 minutes ago, themongoose said:

lol you may be able to hang one upside down in that top middle box!

That’s not a bad shout actually. You’ve got me thinking ‘Thunderbirds…..Mirror’ flypast. Albeit slightly ‘what if’, having a single seat and a two seat jet in the pass. I’ve still to use that mask set……….