The ‘Viper’ pit - A short break to build other stuff.

Stokey Pete

17 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

What a wonderful display case you've got there. Tons of beautiful and interesting build variants with distinctive schemes on all of them.

Matt 

Thanks Matt, one day I’ll photograph them

individually and properly. Probably a job for after my modelling ‘retirement’. 

I was playing around with ideas to get rid of the wooden bases while keeping the poses. It turns out that the most pleasing (to my eye) result, has been to drill holes directly into the shelves and seat the supporting rods in there.  So in keeping with the spirit of the thread. I started the job with the Viper family. 

52463790612_7df16d4f76_b.jpg

52464297986_4d4a4ab7c6_b.jpg

Edited by Stokey Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Times are tough at home in recent weeks. But, there are things that lift the mood when it’s at its darkest. This is one of those.

I’m sat painting what seems like the 100th F-16 pilot figure, when my daughter comes to me and asks “Daddy! Can I paint a pilot?” in that cute way only a 4year old can. 
I dig through the spares box and let her have at it. A unique take on the apparel of the Viper driver and his ACESII mount. 

52492955949_c51124810b_b.jpg

Now she announces that she wants the “16” to put it in. 

10 hours ago, themongoose said:

Oh yeah, nothing better! You can display that in a cockpit prou:clap2:dly 

Given that my last Viper will be another Vegas based aggressor, it seems quite apt to have a wildly decorated throne for the driver to perch on. It’ll be going in there for sure. 

• Stokey Pete changed the title to The ‘Viper’ pit - Aggressor number 3.
7 hours ago, Squizzy 78 said:

I love the arctic aggressor schemes, the splinter version you’ve done looks incredible, and the original version is coming along very nicely! 

I’ve done two different colour variations of this scheme. The blue one, and now this. I want the old school ‘Flogger’ scheme colours too. 

• 2 weeks later...

The base paintwork is just about done. On to a bit of post shading and washes. I’m thinking of taking a little break before I get into the final 2 jets. They’re complex paint schemes, and I don’t wanna go into them while feeling a bit jaded from the project. 

52526553622_96b6854d0f_b.jpg

While I’m up to my eyes in F-16 parts and paint, I took a little time out to do a scratchbuild with my daughter.

I present the ORB-18 Utility Helicopter. 

52526553597_e67d0572de_b.jpg

4 hours ago, themongoose said:

Had to show that rescue helo to my wife. We both love it!

The teachers at school did too. Especially the ‘winch’. My daughter will be graduating from scratchbuilding shortly, to her own 1/48 F-15 which she’ll build alongside me and my GB Japanese Eagle.