Choices Choices??? A-6 or A7??

Aviacom

The wife has offered to buy me one of my dream 1/32 kits, either the Trumpeter A-6A Intruder or the 1/32 Trumpeter A-7E Corsair!!

So, which one would you plump for and why?

I have a CAM Decals sheet for a ‘Royal Maces’ A-7E which I’ve had for a while as I really like that scheme, there again, I’ve always liked the Hi Viz ‘Black Panthers’ markings that are in the box with the A-6A. Unless anyone knows of some other really colourful CAG markings for a Vietnam era A-6A??

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

I'd go with the A-6 - it's a stunning kit. The A-7 is nice too, has a few shape errors which may or may not be of concern to you. If it's on her dime, get the more expensive kit :P

Or the biggest box. That way it'll be easier to sneak the other one in later

Richard

Depending how much it matters to you, the A-7 kit has poorly shaped intake and windscreen. Zacto still makes the intake correction but no longer makes the windscreen fix. Here's the intake comparison before/after:

The bigger and more expensive A-6 on the otherhand is relatively well shapewise. Again if it matters to you, the kit decals, including the specific VA-35 markings that you're interested in are very inaccurate (Trumpeter in house decals in general are pretty crap for accuracy, this includes the A-7 too).

Alternative decal for only A-6As includes....
Superscale made two single scheme sheets:

Zotz:

AOA:

Edited by ziggyfoos
fixed links

1 minute ago, thierry laurent said:

The A-6 is far better from the box. 

You are right Thierry, and that was the reason for my question.

Both can be built into exceptional models but the A-6 is far better out of the box IMO.

Barry