1/35 Navy SH-60/HH-60/MH-60 Seahawk Family Decals - Now available 10/11/22

ziggyfoos

see more recent 2022 posts for updated info since original obsolete post

This next AOAdecals sheet was in the making for awhile and of course KH bellied up in the meantime, but this weekend I still went ahead and finished the last squadron I planned to cover.

This preview image (ignore the pink) is simply a data dump to show most of the schemes' decals, the actual layout of the sheet(s) hasn't begun yet and also not shown yet is a separate data/stencil sheet. Estimating a fall/winter release.

Due to space restrictions not sure if all will make the final cut, as of now could include up to sixteen(!) options:
HS-5 Nightdippers (HH-60H & SH-60F)
HS-11 Dragonslayers (HH-60H & SH-60F)
HSL-51 Warlords (SH-60B)
HSL-43 Battle Cats (SH-60B)
HSM-46 Grandmasters (MH-60R)
HSM-48 Vipers (MH-60R)
HSM-70 Spartans (MH-60R)
HSM-73 Battlecats (MH-60R)
HSC-9 Tridents (MH-60S)
HSC-11 Dragonslayers (MH-60S)
HSC-15 Red Lions (2x MH-60S)
HSC-22 Sea Knights (MH-60S)
HSC-28 Dragon Whales (MH-60S)

223414002_5832910356750679_7553780478625

Edited by ziggyfoos

I will get one without a second of hesitation as I do not want to build only the high viz schemes. Excellent Idea to cover the five released Navy kits as you will maximise the sheet attractivity. Wonderful! Last, it seems KH molds were negociated, weren't they? If that is confirmed I'm sure we will not wait long before seeing the helos coming back.

On 7/25/2021 at 12:21 PM, thierry laurent said:

I will get one without a second of hesitation as I do not want to build only the high viz schemes. Excellent Idea to cover the five released Navy kits as you will maximise the sheet attractivity. Wonderful! Last, it seems KH molds were negociated, weren't they? If that is confirmed I'm sure we will not wait long before seeing the helos coming back.

On 7/25/2021 at 1:13 PM, Dave Williams said:

I will absolutely buy.  I didn’t care for the fact the almost all of the kit decals schemes were hi-viz custom schemes.  I prefer the toned down tactical schemes and markings.

Ya same, I don't care for what are to me very gaudy/garish special high viz schemes that I have no interest in. That's the reason I held back picking up many of the USN H-60 kits until I decided I wanted to do the schemes that interested me.

That's great if the KH kits return.

Edited by ziggyfoos
wordsmithing

• ziggyfoos changed the title to 1/35 Navy SH-60/MH-60 Seahawk Family Decals
12 minutes ago, Collin said:

Too bad...no HX-21 R/S test birds in the mix.  Any chance of them making it above the cut line?

Collin

Sorry, highly doubtful. I'm not that familiar with HX-21, but the ones I've seen were very generic looking?

Like any decal releases, there's a ton of possible squadrons and timeframes to include and it's just a matter of having to pick/choose. I already have I think too many to reasonably include and I tried to pick a variety of standard low-viz ones that some "flair" for interest.

On 7/25/2021 at 10:38 AM, ziggyfoos said:

This next AOAdecals sheet was in the making for awhile and of course KH bellied up in the meantime, but this weekend I still went ahead and finished the last squadron I planned to cover.

This preview image (ignore the pink) is simply a data dump to show most of the schemes' decals, the actual layout of the sheet(s) hasn't begun yet and also not shown yet is a separate data/stencil sheet. Estimating a fall/winter release.

Due to space restrictions not sure if all will make the final cut, as of now could include up to sixteen(!) options:
HS-5 Nightdippers (HH-60H & SH-60F)
HS-11 Dragonslayers (HH-60H & SH-60F)
HSL-51 Warlords (SH-60B)
HSL-43 Battle Cats (SH-60B)
HSM-46 Grandmasters (MH-60R)
HSM-48 Vipers (MH-60R)
HSM-70 Spartans (MH-60R)
HSM-73 Battlecats (MH-60R)
HSC-9 Tridents (MH-60S)
HSC-11 Dragonslayers (MH-60S)
HSC-15 Red Lions (2x MH-60S)
HSC-22 Sea Knights (MH-60S)
HSC-28 Dragon Whales (MH-60S)

223414002_5832910356750679_7553780478625

cant wait for this to come out this is going to be Awesome 

17 hours ago, reconspit said:

Want one…, when, where, how much?

I have the USMC 1/48 F-4 sheets coming hopefully in Sept and I need to recover from those first so the H-60 sheet probably no earlier than October.

Price TBD, need to get the final sheet layouts done and instructions complete before price is set.

• ziggyfoos changed the title to 1/35 Navy SH-60/HH-60/MH-60 Seahawk Family Decals
9 minutes ago, ziggyfoos said:

I have the USMC 1/48 F-4 sheets coming hopefully in Sept and I need to recover from those first so the H-60 sheet probably no earlier than October.

Price TBD, need to get the final sheet layouts done and instructions complete before price is set.

…okay…, i‘ll wait…, my MH-60R is coming next week, so die to other projects it‘ll be build earliest in fall or winter…

thanks in advance, your decals are top notch !!! :goodjob:

These are great news!! I have already 8 Kitty Hawk SH/MH/HH-60 kits and will def buy the low viz markings and stencil sheets :wub:

The Kitty Hawk kit decals are crap, wrong colours and bad quality...

I am looking forward to the profil pictures of each option that will be made it on the sheet. Are you later planning a sheet with correct high viz markings, Aggressor and test or Rescue birds?

Can´t wait to get more infos on that :coolio:

On 8/4/2021 at 6:00 PM, RNoAF said:

1/35 scale?

Yes 1/35, for the Kitty Hawk Navy H-60 series. Although the various S decals would also work for the Academy kit, with exception possibly of the HSC-22 option - I don't know if the tails differ much between the kits (I don't have the Aca kit).

On 8/4/2021 at 6:03 PM, RNoAF said:

Are you planning to release more F-4B decals in 1/32?

No, the F-4B decals I'm releasing are 1/48