Mc200 ... done deal ...

MikeMaben

...So I had to wait a few days waiting for some parts to arrive for my 109D. I saw my old PCM Mc200

on the SOD and thot "why not jump on that just for kicks ? " Since then the parts I was waiting for

have arrived but I'm gonna finish this first.

So let's pretend I just started this WIP :thumbsup: (I think I started this back in 2008/9  :shrug:)

First some pix of the kit ...

tBDkOSo.jpg

lqCjbx3.jpg

Vaqb9eN.jpg

kdseeg0.jpg

AsxGuT2.jpg

6fxGsP1.jpg

This is about as far as I got when it was shelved ...

yIry7Ca.jpg

fwaWCSL.jpg

njGH7Hh.jpg

Ik2k1UK.jpg

9Ll0SlU.jpg

UHNw51o.jpg

xD1Qkir.jpg

Here's where I was about a week ago ...

1B9xwNI.jpg

First, mottled on some WEM verde mimetico 2 ...

E75bJzL.jpg

Since enamels take so Loooong to dry, I waited overnight to finish the green ...

vmCn2fl.jpg

tlx73BH.jpg

...then the giallo minetico 4 (yellow) splotches ...VXif1pQ.jpg

oQ8Djen.jpg

...then the bruno mimetico (brown) splotches ...

2YTELWz.jpg

MIdVNUL.jpg

yTjq1tT.jpg

No grigio mimetico on the underside yet , I had to slap some decals on ...

qmKjfaO.jpg

7AZaLJj.jpg

... I went over the whole thing with a very fine abrasive sponge under warm tap water and leveled the sufaces the

best I could and put the upper wing insignia on.9vDSIe8.jpg

I'll be applying a semi gloss overcoat (more semi than gloss) , some moderate weathering ahead.

All the paints are WEM enamels except the yellow which is Humbrol yellow 154 and the cockpit

interior on which I used Lifecolor  years ago.   I've been havin' a blast gettin' this much done in a

relatively short time (I'm not used to that :wacko:).    Stay tuned sports fans  :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, mgbooyv8 said:

Oh, and I think the sprue shots are of the C.202?:innocent:

3PlnYxk.jpg

Hey , you're supposed to 'pretend' it's an Mc200  :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, my main goal is to get this off the shelf of doom and onto the shelf of DONE !!! 

Edited by MikeMaben

1 hour ago, bdthoresen said:

Nice work. Brings me back to my five year 202 saga from PCM. Been hunting a 205 and a g.55, but no joy. I want to see what I can do with them now. Keep up the great work. 

Thor    :ph34r:

Kitlinx, the former GreatModels, has the G.55 in stock right now.

https://www.kitlinx.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=PCM32007&title=Fiat-G.55-Series-1-Fighter

Matt 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey men , didn't like some of the kit parts as they were done when I started this 12/13 years ago

so decided to replace the push rod sleeves with tubing instead of the IM kit parts. After a test fit

of the engine, the push rods sit so far back you can't really see much of them anyway.

Tebvlfq.jpg

FlbstwG.jpg

Years ago I got ahold of 3 sets of brass landing gear for the 200/202/205 series by Mauricio de Terlizzi so I started one of those. Not a snap fit replacement, you have to seperate the yokes from their resin blocks which is a pain for such delicate parts. There's a round tab on the bottom of the strut that you'd need to drill a hole for in the aforementioned delicate yokes. I just ground them off and CAed them to the yokes. At the other end of the gear strut it's jus flat. The kit parts install at an angle into the side of the end of the gearbay so you're on your own getting these mounted. Anyway, having fun finishing this up. Woulda been further along but I'm waiting for some PCM Anticorrosione green to repaing the gearbay and touch up which should be here tomorrow.

7bNgyGo.jpg

PLk2tYp.jpg

Later men ...

Edited by MikeMaben