Fündekals web site is (FINALLY) live!!

Jennings Heilig

Works for me and looks great! A nice improvement over the previous site. I notice though that the link in the page footer to your facebook page has a dead image (link works fine), and when i look at the pages listing the products, there are similar dead images next to each "add to cart" and "quick view". If it's any help, I'm viewing in Firefox.

32 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Works for me and looks great! A nice improvement over the previous site. I notice though that the link in the page footer to your facebook page has a dead image (link works fine), and when i look at the pages listing the products, there are similar dead images next to each "add to cart" and "quick view". If it's any help, I'm viewing in Firefox.

Hmm... that's odd.  I just viewed it using both Safari and Firefox and they're fine.

There’s some weirdness going on.  Products appear then disappear. I’ve made several changes that I can then see in any of three browsers, then when I open a new window (even after clearing the cache) the changes are gone.  I have to get with the developer tomorrow to see what’s going on.  I know just enough about this stuff to be really, really dangerous.

I've come to accept these days Jennings, that nothing, but nothing works first go without a hitch!....especially internet related...I seem to be forever on the phone or some website trying to sort something out these days that they tell me its easy to do.

Good luck with sorting out the bugs.

Jeff.

Overall, it looks good. There are a couple issues, though (I'm using MS Edge [Chromium], which means the issues probably exist in Chrome as well):

• The Shopping Cart, Search, and Facebook (both the left pane icon, and in the footer) icon images no longer display (a small square displays instead) when navigating to any page that is not the Home page.
    • When I return to the Home page, the icon images display correctly again (the FB icon does look off/odd, though).
  • When navigating to the Shopping Cart, my AV program threw a [critical] notification because of an out-of-date (or temporary?) certificate:
    • msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to images.smartcart.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk.

• Suggestion/Enhancement: Provide images for the individual schemes for each decal set (in the same way the decal images are presented). As a user, I do not necessarily want to drill down to the PDF file to see a scheme if it is not something I am looking for specifically. I think Eduard's store has the best design with respect to quickly viewing offered schemes.

Kurt

Edited by Kilroy Was Here

Thanks for the feedback Kurt.  The icon issue is fixed, but per my developer, updates can take up to 48 hours to appear.  Silly me, I thought electrons moved at the speed of light.  Apparently not.

Not sure what's going on with the out of date certificate.  That's the first I've heard of that.

Re your suggestion - we looked at that, but the logistics got out of hand very quickly.  On things like our Spitfire and P-38 sheets, there are a lot of aircraft, so it became unworkable.  Since the PDF is available for download whether you purchase the decal or not, we're going to have to let that cover it.

Tks!

J

2 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Works well for me Jennings! Are you planning any alternative 32nd scale Helldiver decals for the Infinity kit out of interest? 

Thanks.  No plans for Helldivers.  Our minimum print run is 300 decals, and I doubt we'd sell more than a dozen or two.

Also, we're having a PayPal issue that I have wasted most of today trying unsuccessfully to resolve.  If you place an order, it appears to go through, but we're not getting the money in our PP account.  Not sure when it will be resolved, but I'll do my best.  If I didn't have this damn day job...