ISO, GT Resin mod set for F-16

wing_nut

To be honest i can't remember the last time i was here, even to lurk.  I can put most of the blame on FB simply due to ease of use. Having said that I remember this is a great source for large scale info so I seek any help that can be offered.  

I am building the aircraft in the foreground of the photo below and while my goal is not to a 100% conversion from a C to an A, I'll be happy to get some of the major components correct.  This will go into an exhibit at the 9/11 Tribute Museum in NYC.

GT Resin is no more since the email i sent this AM came back as a non-existent domain. They makexxx, made, an NSI small intake mod, GTR32061, for the 1/32 Tammy F-16C. I need one... more want than need since I can get by with the kit intake. So, if you are F-16 nut and have one and can part with it... let me know. If you know an f-16 nut that might have one, let me know. If you are in a group that may have one of these people, let me know. If you know the go-to group for this kind of F-16 stuff, please let me know.

Has anyone ever seen a vertical stab replacement that has the elongated ridge along the base? Or seen someone replicate it somewhere.  I have ideas how to do it but if someone else has already gotten it done… I have no pride and will steal the idea. After all, it’s for a good cause. 

031219-F-JZ509-339.JPG

Can't help with the intake as I just use the kit parts, but as for the hump on the fin base, I would do it like this. First, glue a plastic strip on the base, then use epoxy putty to form the hump. I sculpt with Magic Sculpt so it would be pretty straightforward, but I'm thinking something more common like 2 part Duro or the like would work as well. You can shape MS with a wet finger, the plastic strip would be there just to help keep it in place and act as a guide to be sure the hump was in the right place. 

BTW, Sprue Bros does have this set in stock if you want the small mouth AND exhaust, I think it would work for ya:

https://spruebrothers.com/gtr32016-1-32-gt-resin-f-16cj-falcon-pw-229-conversion-set-tam-kit/

Edited by eoyguy

PWMP released such a tail fin base:

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/f16-adf-tail-and-antennas-tamiya-t-bird-plastic-world-modeli-3234-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=125197

With regard to the NSI intake it seems to me an Eastern European company announced one for the Tamiya kit very recently. However I cannot remember who was mentioned.

Well I'm a little concerned. Back in early May I asked about his intakes for Revell's 1/32 F-4E Phantom on his manufacturer thread at ARC and he responded that he was making them in June.

In mid July I emailed Sprue Brothers to see if they had any information and they responded that I knew more than they did. 

Last week, I tried to PM on the ARC site and as of this posting only radio silence.

Hoping things are well with him.

Especially since engineering my own intakes will be a bit more involved than "fixing" the Tamiya intake issues.