Revell Apache AH-64A instrument panel?

thierry laurent

Hi folks,

Am I right thinking noone ever produced an instrument panel set for that kit released more or less 35 years ago?

For whatever reason Eduard released a set for the Revell 1/32 Cobra and some for the 1/35 Kangnam Apaches but it looks no company ever released such an IP set. The kit IPs are actually very good for their age but there are no decals either except generic sets such as Airscale or Anyz ones. Neither Verlinden not Flightpath included them in their detail sets. Weird...

Yeah, although there has been a lot of stuff made for the old Revell Apache kit over the years, there are a few notable exceptions.  Cockpit detail is one, and another big one is the lack of aftermarket decals.  Other than a Dutch Decals sheet, I think you’re pretty much stuck with the kit decals.

I’d love to see someone like Quinta Studios or Red Fox do a 3D decal sheet for the kit.  Another thing that would be great would be a 3D printed wire strike protection frame around the gun.  I think it’s in the Flightpath set, but it’s in flat fiddly PE.

You nailed it. I reached identical conclusions about 3d decals. For my kit I got for the Dutch decals for the stencils and the Heliscale Israeli Peten ones for the others. Expensive solution but except doing them yourself there is no alternate option as the kit ones did not age well. Indeed Flightpath included the cannon protection cage but this is just a flat photoetched part you can use as a template. Too bad. Another item that really needs work is the exhausts filters. However, aftermarket is nil for that in our scale Flightpath having just taking care of the rear faces, not the upper or lower ones.