Next group build - any hints?

dutik

Hi there!

Did we discuss yet what will be the topic of the next GB?

My simple reason is avoid starting a kit (or kits) that might well fit the next GB :shrug:

Of course I am too courious to know what will happen next :wicked:

Looking at which topics we had and what was discussed in older times I feel the urge for something exotic and outside the box. Very exotic given the previous GBs :punk:

I am still advocating a sub-saharan Africa or Latin american GB. Soccer war anybody? Cavalier Mustangs? Toyota wars? Biafra? Falklands? Great African War (yes, ther was one)? Ogaden? Or maybe "The wings of Persia"? Geez, the are still operating Tomcats, Mirages, Migs, Suchois and even the F-5. Side by side :speak_cool:

Compromise solution: Rotoheads? Just as a minimal compromise... :rolleyes:

Regards

- dutik

13 hours ago, dutik said:

Hi there!

I am still advocating a sub-saharan Africa or Latin american GB. Soccer war anybody? Cavalier Mustangs? Toyota wars? Biafra? Falklands? Great African War (yes, ther was one)? Ogaden? Or maybe "The wings of Persia"? Geez, the are still operating Tomcats, Mirages, Migs, Suchois and even the F-5. Side by side :speak_cool:

Compromise solution: Rotoheads? Just as a minimal compromise... :rolleyes:

Regards

- dutik

We will have next years to discuss soon enough, so those options could be viable, but we did to helicopters not so long ago.

5 hours ago, BradG said:

.....we did to helicopters not so long ago.

Not so long ago?

...2015 was the year of "Get to da Choppah", only six years ago...  :D

That was after I joined (2008), but before I dared to become an active member (lurked around for years, sadly ..).

Time sure flies fast when you have fun, mate! :lol:

I for one would love a Chopper-theme again so I can participate!

Cheers!

Stefan  :beer:

Edited by Phantom2

If we’re talking “we did that not too long ago”, is the current Target for Today GB really different than the Iron Rain GB of 2018?  It’s not always easy coming up with something new, but not so esoteric that there are few kits out there for people to build.

How about a "build the book"?  For example, the book "On Silver Wings" by Owen Thetford is a very nice compendium of the biplane fighters of the Royal Air Force in the 1920's and 30's. So we would each pick a 'plane from that book to build. Or, say, we could choose a similar WW2 book, or jet age.  Regards, Pete in RI

23 minutes ago, europapete said:

How about a "build the book"?  For example, the book "On Silver Wings" by Owen Thetford is a very nice compendium of the biplane fighters of the Royal Air Force in the 1920's and 30's. So we would each pick a 'plane from that book to build. Or, say, we could choose a similar WW2 book, or jet age.  Regards, Pete in RI

Seems that would be limited to those who owned or had access to a particular book, as well as having a decal sheet with the markings for one of the aircraft in the book.

• 2 weeks later...