Blood & Chrome Galactica

spacewolf

• 3 weeks later...

With the sides done, that trench and trench sides looks bare...and makes no sense to leave a soft underbelly. It wasn't going to be able to be fully covered but a patchwork look should work so making it up as I went along I started cutting and gluing...

5QfrVVN.jpg

eu5efdI.jpg

DmrkEtR.jpg

BdVy9QN.jpg

16iBMaK.jpg

Wpj9pDR.jpg

51tsEfs.jpg

And after a lot of cussin' & fussin'.... we have a Battlestar with an armored belly !!

efL3q4K.jpg

That's it for this time...next up is guns !!! :evil_laugh:

Cheers

Vaughn

As much as I love the work your doing to the Galactica, I'm also kind of crying on the inside at the loss of all that exquisite surface detail that was lovingly crafted.

I know where your going with it and it'll look AMAZING once your there though.

I know it's a fair way to go yet, but have you given any thought to what colours you'll paint this in as in brand etc? I have my Pegasus which is not far from completion and I am stuck on what paint to use.  I was thinking Alclad Steel over a non black base coat

2 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

As much as I love the work your doing to the Galactica, I'm also kind of crying on the inside at the loss of all that exquisite surface detail that was lovingly crafted.

I know where your going with it and it'll look AMAZING once your there though.

I know it's a fair way to go yet, but have you given any thought to what colours you'll paint this in as in brand etc? I have my Pegasus which is not far from completion and I am stuck on what paint to use.  I was thinking Alclad Steel over a non black base coat

Aye.. I cringe at trashing the detail too. As of right now I have no plan in place for painting/ type of finish. Tony has info about how he finished his prototype and there have been many people who have done the Moebius kit up in various types of paint but I'm still a long way away. I've never used Alclad myself but other folks results look amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

It's that time again ! :yahoo: ...and this time we get to play with guns...big and small !.. and things that really go BOOM ! ( Ivonova would be unsurprised..)

I was never happy with the belly KEWs being buried in the trench so my thought was they would be on the edge where they would have clear fields of fire. I played with various positioning and it took some time to decide on the proper look. Once decided on, the perimiter fenceing was built and then holes drilled for the guns....

BHcm4rv.jpg

Uu51qm5.jpg

CS6VkMU.jpg

So here is the final belly configuration... just as that first view of the top of the G with all those guns.. it give a bit of a chill....

MtObhTH.jpg

YI7EcRh.jpg

Now for small guns... the kit molded guns are hit or miss.. not bad but not great either... so I got the file from Tony and had a friend in England make up a bunch for me... 650 to be precise !...

ds8BLrB.jpg

quPjFfg.jpg

EUOsZ6u.jpg

Mush better detail ....

xpPjxHK.jpg

6MSfXJ0.jpg

PrxzxtG.jpg

Of course each molded on gun will have to be removed and the new one placed... about 500 in all......

And the BOOM.... at some point there will be a BOOM as Ivonova advised us ( one always must listen to Ivonova !)

I one episode we get to see the G preparing to deploy and fire nukes... a friend of mine wanted as set of them for his Moebius kit so I had my buddy in England do some research and he found the info and made a printable file. I had him make a set for my friend and a set for the kit I'm working on. I have the spare neck part so I set it up in case I ever want to sub it in for a change.

iRQZPZ0.jpg

bTgChmE.jpg

Szcwy07.jpg

That's it for this time ! Feel free to comment or suggest things, thanks for looking.

Vaughn

man - and people call me crazy....

At this scale, you could use stretched sprue to make the cannon barrels. Looking at some of those cannons, they aren't too bad, but leaving some on and replacing others would look rather odd, so I can see why your intending to replace all of them. hat's a task I would not relish

Great work Vaughn. I'm really enjoying this one

• 1 month later...