Next Tamiya kit in other scales?

Pup7309

Money wagered that this post will be two pages by tomorrow AM, filled with random guesses / suggestions pulled from folk's wish lists.   Money also wagered that none of these will be accurate.    Lastly, money also wagered that most of these posts will also include the phrase "license to print money". 

Good luck lads! 

Yep, I've never understood why people think kitting their pet favourite aircraft would be a 'licence to print money'. By and large model companies are designed to make profits (well, with the exception of Wingnut Wings - and we all know how that ended up), so if producing a 1/32 Fairey Fruitbat Mk.XVII was indeed a 'licence to print money' someone would have done it by now.

They have already released a Nashorn.       1/35 Tamiya Nashorn

They may do what they just did with the F-14 and release a version with the TE and LE flaps hanging out, with the extended nose gear poised for a cat launch.  It'll be a little while before they release something entirely new, if past performance is any indicator of future performance.

Edited by Juggernut

My wish list for the next 1/48 kit is a continuation of current series so either a later p-38 or f-4C.  I have two of the current p-38, just started building one and it is amazing, I want to do one in all metal I think as they had a lot of great markings.  The f-4 series looks great also.  It looks like they are doing a variant of the f-14a in takeoff mode.  I think that is interesting.  

They could update a number of their older 1/48 kits frankly as their 190 series is behind the times, they could follow up with some 109 variants.  I have not even built their 109G and that is one I should do.  

6 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

You may have trouble locating a natural metal P-38G or H; not saying they don't exist but I can't remember seeing photos of one off-hand.  If they release a J model, then the drain's out of the tub and natural metal finishes abound...

Yes I think we need a J or L or both, I don:t know how close they are that they could be in one box or not.  I have the H they did, currently building an F model.  Plenty of great OD ones to work on.  I have the Fundekals sheet but still want to see some later versions.

I’d like the J-25 with the dive recovery flaps.  That would be the closest to the L model.  Really anything later than the J-5 (if memory hasn’t failed me) could be in the same box with an L.  All the J versions after that had the flat panel armored windscreen whereas the J-5 used the rounded windscreen with a separate armor glass panel like the F, G , and H.

2 hours ago, Juggernut said:

They may do what they just did with the F-14 and release a version with the TE and LE flaps hanging out, with the extended nose gear poised for a cat launch.  It'll be a little while before they release something entirely new, if past performance is any indicator of future performance.

That is impossible. They won’t do it. A Nashorn doesn’t have TE or LE flaps. Not sure whether the nose gear was extendable but I doubt it.

5 hours ago, Juggernut said:

The new Nashorn is in 1/48 scale.